“Refreshing brunch break after drive down from Midcoast. Worth a detour.”
Review of Artemisia Cafe

Artemisia Cafe
Ranked #74 of 621 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Small neighborhood spot where you can enjoy a nice quiet meal with friends. Now serving dinner Wednesday- Saturday night.
Maine
“Refreshing brunch break after drive down from Midcoast. Worth a detour.”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

A great find and we would happily return to Artemisia for brunch when passing through Portland if the timing is right. My family had brunch on Saturday and enjoyed delightful veggie egg sandwiches and veggie omelets. Coffee was strong and delicious and wait-service was attentive and aiming to assure our interests and preferences were met, which it was. Nice atmosphere in a quiet neighborhood not far from 'downtown' downtown. Plants, mosaics make for a relaxing atmosphere.

• Visited August 2013

Portland, Maine
“Surly hostess”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We've had breakfast at Artemesia numerous times because the food is good and the service, while sometimes slow, is usually friendly. This morning we watched several patrons seated after we were have their orders taken and served before we could get anyone to give us water. When we told the hostess, she said that they must have a different server. Fifteen minutes later we told the hostess that we were still waiting for our server to show up. The hostess eventually took our orders, but she acted like it was our fault that we had spent 30 minutes waiting for glasses of water and complaining about the lack of service.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank turnwald
Portland, Maine
“Consistently Healthy Good”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I've eaten here two dozen times and the staff and dishes are always fresh, healthy and dependable. They make a delicious iced chai- not too sweet. I'm a sucker for the kielbasa hash but am trying to be more vegetarian. That's fortunate for me because their vegetable version is delicious, too- and doesn't harm animals. Served with a couple of eggs up medium on top, and a side of home fries. Yum.

Visited April 2013
Cape Elizabeth, Maine
“Good food, close to business, friendly service”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I've eaten here twice now; both times for lunch.....and both times were for casual business meetings.

The restaurant is just slightly off the beaten path if one's office is in the Old Port-----less than a 10-minute walk. It is very convenient (1 minute) to the Civic Center and the heart of downtown.

In both cases for my meetings, we were able to avail ourselves of a booth and so were able to converse discreetly. The service is friendly without being intrusive.

The menu is 3 sections: Salads and Starters, Wraps, and Sandwiches. On my first visit I ordered the BLT, which came on home-made bread and was very large (I had it with a little side-salad). It was absolutely delicious.

On my latest visit I ordered the "demi-salad" which was plenty for this light-to-moderate-lunch eater. My male companion ordered a curry-wrap off the Specials board and devoured every bite with gusto.

I am not sure if they have beer, wine, or alcholic drinks as on both occasions I ordered their incredibly good iced tea. Our bill was only around $20 for this excellent lunch.

• Visited May 2013
South Portland, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brunch it.”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We frequently dine at Artemisia's for Saturday or Sunday brunch; they don't serve breakfast any other days of the week. This is a great boutique cafe and one should definitely visit if they like strong good coffee, fresh food, good service, and constantly changing breakfast food specials - the baked goods are delicious. I usually order off the daily specials list and they usually have a vegetarian option and an omnivore option. I am not saying that the rest of the menu should not be considered, but I really like to take my chances with the specials and Artemisia's never disappoints. The service is consistently very good and staff are attentive and the consistently quite friendly - the place has good energy. We wish they opened for breakfast dining earlier than 9am on the weekends, but that seems to be the case for most breakfast/brunch spots in Portland, Maine.

• Visited January 2013

Been to Artemisia Cafe? Share your experiences!