“Relaxing Environment”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is a nice place to sit outside for the afternoon or evening, and enjoy some seafood with beer or wine (no mixed drinks). There is also inside dining, but I would rather enjoy the fresh air, and comfortable temperatures sitting dockside on the water. The average wait time on food is 30 minutes, but it passes quickly, there's so much to watch from the boats pulling in and out, people watching, or just conversation with your peeps! If you are in a rush, you might want to try a different restaurant.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,768)

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We spent a rainy July 4th evening here for the first time at the end of our Bar Harbor vacation the night before we flew home.
Very glad we did it...enjoyed the experience and our fresh lobster was great.
We ate outside despite the rain and had a couple beers and really had no complaints.
You don't get table service here, but order and wait until yours is ready-which took a while-but it was worth it.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is what I would call a lobster shack. Nothing fancy about it but the service and food were good and that is the most important thing to me. I asked for a plain lobster roll (no mayo, etc.) and requested a baked potato instead of fries and nothing was a problem.

Went outside to get a seat and sat right by the water - beautiful twilight view. Saw the boats coming and going from the dock and a band was playing in the background. Not sure if it was playing here or another restaurant nearby but it sounded good.

The lobster roll was delish. Sweet, tender, and lots of it on the buttered toasted roll. Baked potato was cooked perfect too. After all that I still wanted to try their homemade blueberry pie and I was not disappointed. The only thing that could have made the pie better was some ice cream but they did not have ice cream.

I would definitely come back here.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

It was ok. the good is that its in the middle of the city on the water, so very easy to get to and not out of the way... But this was my second time there, and both times the wait was about an hour for a boiled lobster.... and it wasnt that good. I honestly didnt feel it was worth it.... BUT if you want a casual lobster and sit outside on the water, i guess its the place to go.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

After our Lucky Catch tour, we brought our lobster here to cook. For a small fee (think it was $10), the boiled it & served it with fries, cole slaw & corn on the cob. The atmosphere is just a shack on the water with outdoor seating overlooking the marina- very casual & fun.