“Huge Fisherman' Platter!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Portland Lobster Co
Ranked #24 of 601 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Atlanta, Georgia
“Huge Fisherman' Platter!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

I ordered the Fisherman's Platter bc I had been eating Lobster Rolls morning, noon, & night! The Platter is huge...I really enjoyed it, but left most of it bc it was so large! To be honest, I tasted more "fried" than I did fish, scallops, or shrimp. My friend had the lobster roll & she said it was good, but didn't "rave" about it.

It is more of a "take out" set up, I think there were only 3 tables & the rest of the seats are along a bar running the length of the deck & front window. VERY casual. They are stingy with the tartar sauce too, you have to beg, then they give you the "fisheye".

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Manhattan Beach, California
“Friendly, Casual, Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

The food was so good we ended up going back 2 nights in a row.

After leaving J's Oyster house for lack of service we ran across this place. 10 minutes after walking in we were sitting at our table eating yummy lobster with all the fixings. Baked potatoes were small. The fries are better. Corn was awesome.

Great place to get lobster, sit in a tented dining room, and share a memorable nigh with friends.

Visited September 2013
“You have to run an obstacle course to get your food.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Going in, I knew that I had to order at the counter and pick up my own food. What I didn't know was that the bar sits squarely between the kitchen/pickup area and the tables. That means that, in order to get back to your table, you have to weave your way, plate and drink in hand, through a crowd of hard drinking patrons who see no need to move out of your way.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, good atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Went to Portland Lobster Co. for my first ever lobster. Got the twin dish that comes with corn, coleslaw and fries..... food was really good! Order and pay and the front, when your order is ready, you get called up to the pick up window. Limited indoor seating but TONS of room outside, right on the dock.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Portland, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Seafood on the water”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I want to like this place. The concept is great! Outdoor bar, with lounge seating, and live bands. Great local bands I minght add. Seating inside and outside for dining. No table service. You order your food at the bar or at the oder window, and are given a pager to alert you to pick up your food order. The outside dining area is all picnic table style. Not a place you go for privacy. All areas: bar, indoor seating, and outdoor seating is very cramped. The food was not impressive. I order the mussels as an app, and they were steamed and way over cooked. They were dried up and tasteless. Then I split a fisherman's platter w/ friends, and it was extremely greasy and did not taste fresh. My recommendation for visiting this place is to do drinks with friends and enjoy a great local band. Skip the food...very pricey and unsatisfying.

Visited July 2013