“Good food, good service”

Yosaku Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #95 of 636 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My 12 year old son saw this place as we were driving in and asked to go here for dinner instead of eating at Flatbread's. We had a good meal, delicious and fresh sushi, Tankatsu, beer/saki. Good service and not overly friendly or fake. The bonus is that it was well priced and a block or so from our hotel. We even got to sit on the patio on a beautiful evening. I would go back.

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

This is a wonderful place for Sushi and the deck is phenomenal! On a recent visit for lunch my coworker and I sat outside on a gorgeous day. As soon as we walked in everyone was extremely friendly by greeting us warmly. When we ordered our lunch our server made no eye contact with us and I actually don't believe he spoke. We ate our lunch and he never checked back with us once. When we asked for our check, he brought it without a word, picked it up and then left it off without even a thank you. Again when we left everyone at the door and sushi bar said good bye and thank you. A place with such great food and atmosphere should have servers equal to that!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

This competes with the best Japanese restaurants in the world, hands down. And right here at our doorstep. Next time you are there, try spicy scallops, I could eat them three meals a day :)

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We go here frequently for lunch, which considering the number of restaurants in Portland, should tell you something. This is the place I recommend when someone asks about a sushi restaurant in Portland when not everyone in the group likes sushi. The have a large selection of sushi of which my latest favorite is the albacore, although my husband likes their spicy tuna role the best. You can pick 2 or 3 rolls and they come with a small bowl of miso soup. You can also choose a bento box lunch (contents vary) or more traditional fare such as chicken, steak, noodles or rice. However other than the Bento box, I traditionally stick to the sushi, because that is why I go there. I also usually get the seaweed and cucumber salad which is just right as an appetizer portion. On nice days, we sit outside and have never had to wait for a table.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I go to Yosaku almost every week for lunch and it is outstanding. It change things up a bit, sometimes getting the two roll combo lunch special that comes with the best miso soup in town ($8.00); sometimes the the bento box which has a nice variety of a protein (fish, chicken or pork), one roll, a salad, shu mai and soup; and sometimes I get the Teppan Salmon. Everything is expertly prepared, the service is great and the atmosphere is Zen!