“Best Japanese”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We have been going here since it opened and we love it. The owner is always there, the food is top-notch and the staff is friendly.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

We finally gave up on finding a good lobster restaurant in Portland and decided to just have sushi. What a great surprise. We were seated by the outdoor Coi Pond, surrounded by tables full of happy, pretty patrons. I say this because many restaurants in Portland are musty and grundgy and dark. Not Yosaku, it's popular and trendy. Sushi / Sashimi dishes were incredibly fresh and generous. It was our best meal in Portland - by far.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We had a wonderful lunch here, sat outside, were very warmly greeted when we arrived and had great service. The obento box was a really good deal and everything was delicious and beautifully presented. Will definitely go back next time we're in Portland.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Not too happy with this place I got a take out order of sushi and noodles and they came in a paper bag and the noodles dumped out they did not have the lid secured right so the noodles and sushi ended up all over the sidewalk and on my leg and they were very hot so not the best feeling but hey it happens I've been in the service industry so I expected when I went back they would fix it they seemed very nice at first I brought the bag and the noodle container with me and scooped up the sushi and threw it in the trash when I told then what happened they said they would remake the noodles but not the sushi because I didnt have evidence so I guess a soaked paper bag with a hole in it and an empty container isn't enough evidence for them and to top it all of the noodles weren't even that great I can't say about the sushi as I didn't get to try it.

1  Thank Ruca87
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We normally go to Sapporo's but thought we would try something different last Friday. We were not disappointed. We sat on the deck under the trees. The water falls and garden add a nice touch. The food was excellent. This is the best selection of sushi I have seen in northern NE. Our waitress was pleasant and encouraged us to try the shrimp heads that were staring up at me. My wife tells me they were very good.

The prices are a bit higher than else where but the quality is worth it.

This is out new favorite in Portland!