“Things have changed....and not for the good.”
Review of Silly's

Silly's
Ranked #66 of 640 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Description: can you change the hours closed Monday and Tuesday wed thurs fri 11-9 sat and sun 9-9 I can't get it to work..thanks colleen
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Over the years I have eaten at Silly's the pork was always very good, the last two times I have been in , it has been dry, crunchy to the point I sent it back last time. The old one seating restaurant was very good...not sure if it has changed hands and if so....bring the old hands back.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I stopped here on our way back from Boston, I had never been before but will definitely return! The vegan fried pickles are AMAZING!! We also had veggie burgers which were awesome. There are so many things I'm dying to try! Great spot!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I miss the Silly's from ten years ago. Silly's used to be a great spot to eat an interesting meal in a funky setting. They had the best shoestring french fries.

Over the years, this place has steadily declined. They've expanded. The menu has gotten more complicated, more expensive, and less delicious. Worst of the worst, they changed their perfect french fries.

There are a lot of vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free dining options, but none of them really taste that good.

The last time I was in, I tried the Bio Diesel wrap, a tofu/coleslaw/bbq sauce sandwich. The sandwich had more BBQ sauce than anything else in it. It was too sweet and saucy to eat more than half of it. My friend ordered a sweet potato pizza that looked much better than what I had.

Our waiter during this last visit was great - friendly and attentive without being annoying.

It's probably worth coming in here once to admire the decorations - the wacky tables and mismatched vinyl covered chair seats. I just wouldn't recommend dinner. The milkshakes are still a great choice and the chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich is the best in Portland.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

This place is AWESOME and I can't recommend it enough. There are a TON of vegan selections and many non-veg things can be made veg upon request. I got the veggie burger which was AMAZING and the two people I was there with got some kind of vegan wraps. Everyone was happy. My only complaint was that I was so full that I didn't have room for dessert. Blast! Will definitely be back again when next in Maine.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Silly's has such an ecletic menu! As for the atmosphere, "silly" does not begin to describe it! They have delicious and creative recipes. I have not tried the whole menu yet, but everything I have tried (which is a lot) has been so delicious! They have vegan and gluten free options. They recently added an addition...with a Twist. Which offers a bar, and a huge outdoor deck. It is a great place for the family to go with kids, happy hour, date night, and their bruch menu is to die for.