“Good for a quick stop....kinda”

Three Dollar Deweys
Ranked #177 of 636 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 5, 2014

The lobster roll was just not that great. It was okay, and the fries were really good. I was just disappointed. Being in Maine and having good lobster often raises the bar and this was just not up to par. It was a fine lobster roll for Wyoming, just not Maine. The service was average at best. Not a spot I would recommend stopping in at while in a place as diverse as Portland with food choices.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Three Dollar Deweys is an old pub on Commercial Street in Portland. It has worn wood floors, wooden benches and tables, friendly wait staff and a great selection of draft beer. My husband and I used to live closer and would visit often. Now that we are several hours away we still stop by every time we drive through Portland.
My favorite lunch is the falafel with a tasty feta sauce. Today when I looked over the new menu I didn't see it listed at first..but was relieved to see that Deweys had just updated its name..which I promptly forgot. It is a spicy, crisp falafel with fresh veggies in a wrap. Pour the sauce into the end at each bite. My husband had a cheeseburger wrap with lots of fresh veggies and even some sweet apple and a bit of tangy dressing. With a local draft beer it makes a great lunch. We enjoy sitting at the bar to listen in on the local conversation but there are lots of tables, too.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Low key, inexpensive beers, great draft selection, complimentary popcorn. Didn't have a meal, just beer and snacks. Great place to stop in.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

In spite of the title, being quick and cheap didn't mean the food was bad. The lobster roll was fresh and tasty, the jambalaya portion was huge for the price and tasted great.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

This place looked great from the outside..an old pub with a good menu. Went inside and it was practically empty. We were told to seat ourselves and then waited a good 20-25 minutes before the hostess came over. She was busy chatting with her friend and texting.
Food was good, but it was hard to get much service. Not sure we'd go back.