“Excellent food”

Ranked #15 of 638 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Becky's Diner is located on the Portland waterfront. We are casual and friendly and we welcome families. We offer breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week. Fresh, local seafood is served here and even at breakfast we offer lobster omelettes. Becky's has been run by the same family for 25 years.
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Love this diner and try to eat here every time we go to Portland......blueberry pancakes are the lightest and best I've eaten. Service is friendly and efficient. Hope to return on my next trip to the area.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Great service in a throwback diner right on Commercial with free parking in front. Delicious hash omelette with plenty of filling. Typical menu also includes beautiful blueberry muffins baked fresh. A must when looking for a typical American breakfast with homemade quality.

Well priced!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

"diner" means a counter, booths, not fancy, good people and great food. Portland has a ton of options and I can't go wrong when I have to choose between Becky's and J's Oyster. Not to slight all the others but I am really stuck on these two and haven't been to many others. Becky's has one of the best crab sandwiches ever. again, simple, not fancy but delicious and I can't remember exactly but it was like 8 bucks!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I was driving for a few hours and needed a place for dinner. Thank goodness for smartphones. Becky's was rated well so I steered off the highway. I am so glad I did? It was a gloomy night, but when I stepped out of the car the first thing that hit me was the smell of salt air. The diner is not huge and more old-fashioned. I was greeted by the young staff and seated in a booth. All the seafood specials looked great. I had to have my bowl of chowder--yummy, and the halibut with buttered breadcrumb topping was delicious. It came with a twice baked the potato that was huge! And great coleslaw. The halibut dinner (minus the chowder) was only $12.95! I was stuffed, but made room for a slice of bumbleberry pie (multiple fruits filling) with a pile of whipped cream and coffee. I would highly recommend Becky's and if I am up in the Portland area again I will make sure at least one of my meals is there.

2  Thank W-Hartford_CT
Reviewed November 14, 2013

There is plenty of free parking all around their restaurant. Not knowing this, we kept our car in an hourly paid lot for a tour, and after the tour walked 4 blocks to Becky’s. Tourists! Becky’s has the typical diner atmosphere, with booths and counter seating, and steamed-up windows. Noticed a lot of locals go here, and the staff know many of them by name.

The Ham & Cheese Omlette $7.75 was delicious- home fries were ok. The Fried whole belly Maine Clams $12.95 were good- not great- expected larger portion. The “Special” Italian sausage, 2 eggs, homefries, toast $6 was pretty good and nice bargain. The Fried Maine shrimp $9.75- expected fewer, but larger shrimp, but they were very good. Cole slaw was really good, too.
Tip: Ask to sit further back from the front door if it’s cold outside- we were in first booth and had to keep our coats on!

1  Thank TheTravelgirl2