“A special diner”

Ranked #26 of 615 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Deli
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Becky's Diner is located on the Portland waterfront. We are casual and friendly and we welcome families. We offer breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week. Fresh, local seafood is served here and even at breakfast we offer lobster omelettes. Becky's has been run by the same family for 25 years.
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Many of us love the appeal of a home cooked meal. Nothing flashy with words we cant pronounce or we have to have the waiter interpret for us. This is that place only with the appeal of fresh seafood which is not offered in the diners where we live. I had the scallops with stuffing and they were delicious. My wife had fresh caught haddock with stuffing that she said was done to perfection. It came with a small salad and sides and they were nicely prepared as well. With dessert it All was less than $40. Yes we ate too much and I took home a slice of whoopie pie cake for later that was better than any whoopie pie I have ever had and I love whoopie pies. Well worrth a visit. Becky's Dinah, nothing Finah bumper stickers were there as we paid our bill and I had to have one. Get there early as we had to wait for a table.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,687)

Reviewed December 27, 2012

My wife and I went to Becky's for breakfast on a local recommendation and it was great. It is a simple plain old diner atmosphere but the food was much better than a plain old diner. The fresh fruit cup was perfectly fresh and was served with a surprisingly nice presentation. My wife couldn't stop talking about how great the wheat toast was, and I also loved the homemade corned beef hash.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Becky's has the best haddock chowder in the world. All the stuff on the menu is very good as well. This place is always packed so be perpared for a wait

Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

A wonderful place to visit it was my 2 nd time visiting. Great place to eat will visit again when in Portland

Reviewed December 24, 2012

First off staff was completly rude. The price was way to high for the quality of food, the food wasnt even cooked all the way. I could go on for an hour about how bad it was but its not worth my time. I would not recommend going here

2  Thank coffee11