“Great night out”
Review of Old Port Sea Grill

Old Port Sea Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Port Sea Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 606 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Custom House St.
Description: TO VIEW OUR CURRENT MENU, please visit our website. The Old Port Sea Grill, opened in the fall of 2002, is located in the heart of Portland's historic Old Port district. Our modern interior features a custom concrete bar, a large lounge area and a dining room that can accommodate up to 60 guests and features a 250 gallon salt water fish tank. Our seafood driven menu focuses on a variety of local and imported fresh fish and shellfish, with an emphasis on east coast cold water oysters and other raw bar offerings. We pair that with a food-friendly wine list, local craft-style beers on draft and an extensive cocktail program to make for an exciting dining experience.
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We stopped by this place for drink during a stroll through the Old Port during the day. We were surprised by the nice styling in the bar and dining room. It is quite modern. We ended up ordering a delicious calamari appetizer, and engaged the bartender for help navigating Commercial Street and he was quite helpful.
When we were walking the area looking for a dinner spot, we decided to give this place another go (mostly because seats were available, other places had a significant wait). The menu is somewhat limited, but we did find something for each of us, and both were great; steak for me and scallops for my wife. The portion sizes seemed small visually, but we were satisfied when finished. The bartender we had talked to earlier even came over to talk about day shopping.
It is a little on the expensive side, and was pretty loud at night. But overall I was happy with our choice. I would go back when we stay in the Old Port.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

The first few years that this restaurant was opened, we felt it to be the best seafood restaurant in Portland. We told so many others how good it was. However over thee past few years it has gone downhill badly. Limited menu on cheap piece of paper. No more wood grilled salmon, trout or char. No more of the delicious salmon spread with rolls. Too many other good restaurants in the area-- try them.

1  Thank kewo13
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We came here on the recommendation of staff at the Residence Inn hotel. We were not disappointed! The food was fabulous!! We were seated immediately upon arriving. The hostess saw that I was admiring the fish in the aquarium, so she offered us a table right next to it. My husband ordered the scallops, which were huge and perfectly prepared. I had the salmon, served with quinoa, and cold beets. What a combination!! Absolutely delicious! This may just be one of those memorable meals you want to return and repeat.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Wonderful mixed raw oysters and clams with shrimp appetizer. Nice briny oysters on ice bed. Clams not too big. Ceasar salad was great - I ordered it specifically b/c it came with white marinated anchovies which I love! Because they have a winter special BOGO entree for your next visit, we went again and had the scallop grilled entrees - perfectly cooked and a spectacular potato gratin accompaniment. A little pricey but you get what you pay for here!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband and I both enjoyed our dinners here. I had a flounder with curry butter, that was made gluten-free for my needs and it was quite delicious. Yes, prices were a bit high, but it is difficult to find a knowledgeable chef who can still turn out a delicious gluten-free meal. So often, all they offer is a salad. After a while, you lose not only your taste for salad, but also find no joy in dining out. I was not disappointed in the Old Port Sea Grill. Thanks to the chef and staff for ensuring that my dining experience was a good one.