“Would most definitely want to come back!”
Review of Cinque Terre

Cinque Terre
Ranked #132 of 627 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Dana Street
Description: Cinque Terre is dedicated to the exploration, discovery, and celebration of northern Italian cuisine and wines. Executive Chef Skawinski tirelessly seeks out the finest products from local and Italian purveyors and producers. At Cinque Terre taste matters. Our handmade pastas, fresh seafood, fine meats, gelatos, Italian wines and housemade desserts make dining at Cinque Terre a memorable event.
Bentonville, Arkansas
“Would most definitely want to come back!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

With only one Friday evening to spend at this lovely place & wanting to have lobster in Maine before leaving town & we ordered tempura (breaded) lobster. It came served w/ white beans acompanied w/ an arugula vinaigrette. It was outstanding! We also loved the bread & the crostini toasted bread. The only thing I didn't care for was the fig tart dessert as I found it was too sweet. The place has a nice atmosphere & the service was great although I think it was a bit loud & busy, therefore I give it a 4 star & I have no doubt that we would want to make a 2nd visit to this place!

• Visited September 2013

Chesham, UK
“Could have been 5 stars”
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled into Vignola/cinque terre by accident, not recommendation.
Absolutely no complaints except for the cold plates and just warm food.
The flavours were lovely. My wife had the scallops, I had the filet mignon. Both were excellent and perfectly cooked. But did I mention the cold plates and just warm food? We told our charming waitress who implied she had told the chef a number of times about this but to no avail.
I would have given 5 stars but because the food was cold, I'm sorry but it's got to be 3 stars only.
Would I go back? Like a shot if the plates and food were hot.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Spotted-Jaguar
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food was terrible”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

There were 4 people in our party.
Steak was cold and was served with raw potatoes. Pork milinese was very dry. Lamb was served with a lot of pesto, but was ok. Veal chop was over cooked. Very unhappy. Will not return.

• Visited August 2013
New York City, New York
“Great food and service”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Salad greens with heirloom tomatoes to start followed by seared scallops tasted so fresh and with great flavor. Wine selection including options by the glass is excellent. Waitress knew wines very well. Tasted husband's homemade pasta with wild mushrooms appetizer portion and it was delicious, too. Restaurant offers all of their pastas in appetizer or entree sizes.

Visited August 2013
Newport, Rhode Island
“Due Stelle”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Sorry to say, but much touted Cinque Terra is a two star experience in our book. Start with being shown to one of the worst tables in the house despite reservations and plenty of better availability. We were graciously relocated, but should not have had to ask. A mix of initial small plates of cheese, meats, olives had many pleasant surprises, but the prosciutto was tough and inedible and the olives unpleasantly salty. The very nicely done polenta was unfortunately smothered in meatballs, sauce, and sautéed greens that were all severely salted, and had hints of smoky flavors, this is a regrettable combination of southern soul food meets Italian, with about the same impact as Tony Bennett sings James Brown's greatest hits. Two great genres, just not meant to be together. I felt bad for the polenta.By contrast, the penne entrée was tasteless. Huge disappointment, and a costly one.

• Visited August 2013