“Delicious take-out”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is where we always get our Indian take-out. The interior is sort of typical for an Indian restaurant, which is fine but nothing spectacular. We've never actually had a meal while seated at the restaurant, but we hope to rectify that someday. We've ordered from here at least 15 times in the last three or four years, and only once did we receive a meal that we did not like. Of everything that we've tried our favorite is the Chicken Tikka Masala. It's perfect. The staff is always very attentive, double-checking to make sure that everything we ordered is in our take-away bag. I look forward to my next delicious meal from Hi Bombay!

There are newer reviews for Hi Bombay

Reviewed December 14, 2012

My family brought me here for my birthday the first time I visited. I was impressed by the menu selection and the quality of the food. I agree with other people who have posted that the entrees had a lot of fat in them, but I kind of expect that from a restaurant that isn't Sweet Tomatoes or some other place that specializes in salads. I had the Lamb Roghan Josh and I thought it was fantastic. I also loved the different types of Naan that were available and tried each of the dipping sauces that were served with them, I liked the purple one the best. I think it was some kind of chutney. I have been back a few times since and have also used 2dinein.com to have some delivered to me. I have eaten at or from most of the Indian restaurants in Portland and I haven't found one yet where the prices, quality, and variety have matched Hi Bombay.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We ordered from this place to take away and were quite disappointed by the food. The very few lamb pieces were swimming in a huge "lake" of fatty sauce. We did not finish the food and my stomach did not like it neither ;o) This has nothing to do with Indian food in general, which I love ! Avoid the place.

4  Thank Rachel T
Reviewed November 4, 2012

The food was very good and the staff did a good job. the atmosphere is exactly what one would expect to find in a Indian restaurant in America.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

The 3 condiments for our narn were crusty' dried out & half full... yuck. The lamb so tough you couldn't chew it. The only decent sized portion was unseasoned bastimie rice half a plate full. Did I mention the dirty plates? Oh yea prices for this awful food in a dirty place way high. Never eat here again!!!

5  Thank AJfoody