“Good food,reasonably priced..great pub setting” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sebago Brewing Co

Sebago Brewing Co
Ranked #35 of 601 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Good food,reasonably priced..great pub setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

Came here after going to the polar express in Portland. Didn't wait very long and waitress was very attentive...at first. Ordered burgers and when they arrived they were all cooked wrong, tried to locate waitress and she was no where to be found. Man approached the table asking if everything was ok, I am guessing he was the manager?? Explained situation and he was very quick to fix but waitress approached the table and couldn't even acknowledge the mistake. Eventually food was returned to us cooked perfect just in time for us to pack it up and leave! Food was good once we got to eat it but waitress was mediocre. Manager saw us with the check and asked if waitress took care of the mistake...she hadn't but he did comp our meal.

South Portland, Maine
“The usual stuff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

If you've been to any microbrew restaurant anywhere in the known universe, you've been here. Food was fine enough, I guess. The menu was a yawn. To complete the experience, we had the same friendly, pretty coed that has been waiting on me in these restaurants for thirty years...

Potential micro brewers, here's your next business model: put Indian food on the menu, or haggis, or even lutefisk. Hire some out of work IT professionals or semi-retired divorcees to wait the tables alongside the college kids. Make some of them surly and inconsiderate so that we have the satisfaction of reducing the tip. Perhaps a facial wart or two. Something to make us talk about the experience after it's over.

Visited September 2011
Alexandria
“SImply THE BEST”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2011

This was quite simply the best food my friend and I had during our one week Portland vacation; we even went back three times! I'm always leary about the "hotel restaurant", but not anymore. The lobster mac n' cheese, sirloin tips and risotto, and the lobster quesadilla were all great. And, the tiramisu was the BEST I've ever had. OH MY GOODNESS!!! It's worth a trip to Maine alone. The only bad item was the Vermont Panini sandwich. If you have a choice between Fore (supposedly five star) and Sebago...trust me, it's not a contest!

• Visited October 2011
Maryland
“good service, good food, great beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

We visited for lunch on a drizzly Saturday from our cruise ship. Just a short walk--2 blocks. I was relieved to find all the beers in the sampler were just as top notch as I thought I recalled.

The seafood chowder was perfect for the weather we had. I also tried a lobster roll and it seemed fine. I know they're a signature item for Maine, but I'd never had one before. While I like lobster, I don't go nuts for it so I can't really be a judge, but it was plenty large serving, and was quite tasty.

The new location lacks some of the charm of being right downtown, but it's a very nice, open space. I'd certainly recommend a visit and it's a must stop for craft beer fans

• Visited October 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Walked out after being ignored”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

Went in for a drink and sat at the bar while the bar tender walked by us 4 times without acknowledging us. 2 other bar customers! Very poor customer service. We walked out.

1 Thank CajunKidsDoc