“The usual stuff”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 19, 2011

If you've been to any microbrew restaurant anywhere in the known universe, you've been here. Food was fine enough, I guess. The menu was a yawn. To complete the experience, we had the same friendly, pretty coed that has been waiting on me in these restaurants for thirty years...

Potential micro brewers, here's your next business model: put Indian food on the menu, or haggis, or even lutefisk. Hire some out of work IT professionals or semi-retired divorcees to wait the tables alongside the college kids. Make some of them surly and inconsiderate so that we have the satisfaction of reducing the tip. Perhaps a facial wart or two. Something to make us talk about the experience after it's over.

There are newer reviews for Sebago Brewing Co

Reviewed October 28, 2011

This was quite simply the best food my friend and I had during our one week Portland vacation; we even went back three times! I'm always leary about the "hotel restaurant", but not anymore. The lobster mac n' cheese, sirloin tips and risotto, and the lobster quesadilla were all great. And, the tiramisu was the BEST I've ever had. OH MY GOODNESS!!! It's worth a trip to Maine alone. The only bad item was the Vermont Panini sandwich. If you have a choice between Fore (supposedly five star) and Sebago...trust me, it's not a contest!

Reviewed October 25, 2011

We visited for lunch on a drizzly Saturday from our cruise ship. Just a short walk--2 blocks. I was relieved to find all the beers in the sampler were just as top notch as I thought I recalled.

The seafood chowder was perfect for the weather we had. I also tried a lobster roll and it seemed fine. I know they're a signature item for Maine, but I'd never had one before. While I like lobster, I don't go nuts for it so I can't really be a judge, but it was plenty large serving, and was quite tasty.

The new location lacks some of the charm of being right downtown, but it's a very nice, open space. I'd certainly recommend a visit and it's a must stop for craft beer fans

Reviewed October 21, 2011

Went in for a drink and sat at the bar while the bar tender walked by us 4 times without acknowledging us. 2 other bar customers! Very poor customer service. We walked out.

1  Thank CajunKidsDoc
Reviewed October 17, 2011

The Sebago Brewing company provides a large on-tap selection of their brews. The atmosphere is very comfortable and the food is a typical bar selection. An excellent stop while wandering around downtown Portland. Very convenient for cruise ship passengers.