“Solid pub food with an amazing Scotch selection”
Review of Bull Feeney's

Bull Feeney's
Ranked #85 of 638 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2014

A group of us went to Bull Feeney's on a Friday night. We were seated right away which was a bit of a surprise. They have an expansive draught beer selection and a fairly standard Irish pub menu with some twists. Everything we ordered was very good and as advertised. Also of note, each beer was served in the matching glass from the brewer. They also do a great pour of Guinness.

While browsing the menu I noticed a tag line that said they had over 80 single malt scotches available. If you're a scotch drinker like me you are probably aware that there are few places in Maine that have more than 4 or 5 single malts and they are usually the run-of-the-mill bottles like 12 year Glenlivet, Macallan, Glenfiddich, etc. all good stuff but the same thing everywhere. Also they tend to be overpriced ($12-$15), undersized (Apparently the term "dram" means next to nothing for most), and served improperly (Usually in a shot glass or rocks glass). If you do find a place that does know what it's doing you're going to pay for it. But at Bull Feeney's they get everything right and for decent prices. I ordered a dram of Glenfiddich 18 neat for $12.50 that was served in a snifter. A buddy of mine ordered something else that wasn't nearly as good but we were both amazed at the selection and the care taken for serving scotch as most places get it wrong.

We can't wait to get back and sample more beers and scotches!

1  Thank Matt G

Reviewed August 23, 2014

I love beer exploring and this gave me an opportunity for that. I wish I had gone here for dinner too because the food looked great, but I had already eaten.
Atmosphere is top notch. Nice and friendly patrons and staff.

Reviewed August 23, 2014

We went there for drinks after dinner and regretted not eating dinner there. The pub had a nice atmosphere and a large selection of local and imported brews. Exactly what we needed after a less than impressive meal at another location.

Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

which I eventually got after sitting for 30 minutes. Oh, and did I mention that it took us 15 minutes to get seated? C'mon Bull Feeneys, step it up!

Reviewed August 18, 2014

7 went for dinner. Seated immediately upstairs. Had kids in group and server was great with them. Appetizers and dinners were all tasty - everyone enjoyed. Got there just before 7 and the server gave us the happy hour discount on our 1st drinks - no big deal but could easily have charged us full price.

Try the Nachos' - awesome!