“Dinner with Friends”
Review of Street and Co.

Street and Co.
Reserve with OpenTable
Street and Co. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 616 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dana St.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

During a recent trip to Portland, we dined at our favorite seafood restaurant there, Street and Co. We were a party of 4, with 2 of our guests local Mainerds, who had never tried Street and Co. That will not be the case going forward however. We ordered several specials: salmon served in a gespacho puree, scallops in wine sauce, and filet of sole with autumn vegetables. Each was superbly prepared and extremely satisfying. Our Mainerd friends couldn't stop talking about their enjoyment. This was my wife and I's 3rd trip to Street and Co., and all have been memorable. Note: Reservations are hard to get. If you enter this establishment as a walk-in at 5:00PM you are almost guaranteed a 5:30 first seating. A drink at the bar is a good way to wait. Try Street and Co. for a superbly prepared seafood meal.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,504)

Reviewed September 4, 2013

we didn't have a reservation so we headed the line for open tables at 5:30.we started at the bar with perfect martinis and an assortment of 3 different types of oysters-If I didn't have anything else,I would have said I had a great time! we had fun talking with mike and ryan,the very friendly bartenders.we then moved to our outside table and had a delicious salad and linguini with white clam sauce that was the best I have ever had!! the desserts are really yum! what a special dining experience!

1  Thank Prescott_az_Bob
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The food here is really on the cutting edge. Every mouthful is an experience. Chefs must be from CIA. Food was delicious. We had the Sea Bass Special. Entire dish was served in the pan it was cooked in so no flavor was lost. Also the were not afraid to pile on the mussels for the appetizer. There were enough for two.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Wonderful meal. The lobster Diavilo, lives up to its hype, and can easily feed four with individual appetizers. The fish however was underwhelming- we had the whole sea bass. Overall, however, an excellent representation of Portland's locavore dining scene.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Street and Co. came highly recommended by locals we met while in town. We reviewed the menu online and I was a bit skeptical as I'm not a huge seafood fan but was going to "take one for the team" so my partner could enjoy their selection. I was pleasantly surprised when after trying to order only a salad, our waitress told me about their vegetarian pasta option. I chose the garlic butter sauce and must say it was one of the best dishes I have ever eaten. My VERY happy dinner mate had a black and blue special fish that night that she is still talking about a week later. The ambiance of this restaurant is nice, staff very friendly and food the best we had in Portland!