“Fabulous Seafood”
Review of Street and Co.

Street and Co.
Reserve with OpenTable
Street and Co. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 634 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dana St.
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We celebrated our anniversary at this excellent Portland seafood house. While it wasn't the most romantic restaurant ever, the food was so excellent we had no second thoughts! The atmosphere is lively and friendly, with copper-topped wooden tables and attentive service.

This is one of those restaurants were a lot of the dishes are served in small skillets, and they all looked excellent. We started with a salad with house-smoked salmon, and haddock-stuffed cherry peppers, which were a lot of fun. My swordfish over lentils and English peas with house-smoked bacon was top notch - the savory flavor was quite memorable. My wife had the sole francaise which she said was "melt-in-your-mouth-good" with potatoes and herbed summer squash, all presented in a small skillet.

Don't skip dessert - the mixed berry pie (mainly Maine blueberries, my favorite) was superb.

I'd absolutely return to Street and Co for what might be the best seafood in this classic sea side town!

There are newer reviews for Street and Co.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Tried to get dinner reservations at Street & Co but they were booked until much later than we wanted. So we showed up at 5, when they opened, and got our names on the walk-in list for their 5:30 seating. If you don't mind eating early, it's a great way to get in, even when they're fully booked. And it was well worth it! Appetizers and main courses (all seafood) were wonderfully prepared and as tasty as we've ever had. Broiled halibut was as good as I've had anywhere, on either coast, and shrimp with linguine was heavenly. Service was first rate. Prices were a tad on the high side, but not high enough to keep me away on my next trip to Portland. Great food!!

Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I really liked this place. Good ambiance and super helpful friendly service. And, most importantly, excellent imaginative food! Finally a restaurant that understands that parsley is a culinary rather than simply a chromatic garnish.

Lobster bread pudding. Really? Really!! Out of the ocean fresh oysters. Good, good, good!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We bet all the seafood dishes here are good. Chefs are excellent.
We loved the whole open kitchen, and the atmosphere is lively but not too noisy. The two of us chatted without yelling.
We started with taste plates ($4 each) and good french red wine. Yummy.
Then a whole fish for him - Branzzini - delivered in the pan with a fabulous sauce of chorizo, Swiss chard and lots of other yummy stuff. For me, Grilled Swordfish cooked perfectly served on a bed of lentils and peas strongly flavored with garlic and bacon. Fantastic flavours.
At 6.15pm on a wet Wednesday night the place was busy with customers. Make a reservation on weekend or holiday nights. Water service is great but other service is a bit scarce.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Make sure whoever you are kissing that night eats the same thing as you if you order the shrimp with butter and garlic. The lobster diabolo is already made for two... It is so worth it! I also love to sit and watch the kitchen staff during dinner. They are a well oiled machine and they put out only the best food. It is fun to watch them work. I only wish their skill would rub off on me.