“Years of consistency... Fresh and flavorful seafood”
Review of Street and Co.

Street and Co.
Reserve with OpenTable
Street and Co. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 640 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dana St.
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We have dined here in the past and decided to go on a Thursday night. Wife and I shared a salad and fish cheeks for appetizers. Both excellent. I had my staple when I go here , the sole francaise which again did not disappoint, my wife had the scallops in Pernod and cream suggested by our waitress...tremendous. Everything is fresh and the service is great. The bad reviews I have read are either people who have a grudge or maybe the restaurant had a bad night ...it happens.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,472)

Reviewed April 17, 2013

This is an awesome restaurant to go to for seafood…recommended to us by many locals in Portland. However, our visit was a bit disappointing. Not because of the food, but because on that particular Tuesday night it was jam-packed and very noisy.

We had reservations, fortunately, and were seated in the room that adjoins the open kitchen, and the sound level was unbelievable. The tables in this room are quite close together, and the din was horrendous even before the party of 20 was seated next to us! I think the kitchen noise, low ceilings and close tables all added to the sound level. Seriously, it was hard to hear each other speak, and so the dinner was not very pleasant and we were anxious to leave. Our experience was more toward the "terrible" rating, but because the food is so good and others in our party have had good visits, I give this an "average" rating, hoping this was an unusual situation.

The takeaway for us , since we would like to return for the good food , is to request seating in the second room….the one that does NOT adjoin the kitchen. We checked that room out as we were leaving, and it was much quieter.

1  Thank suzinvt
Reviewed April 13, 2013

A friend and I were out and about on a Friday Night when the dinner hour quickly approached. She mentioned that she had never been to Street and Co. but I figured getting in on a Friday night would be a futile exercise. Since we were down in the Old Port anyway, I suggested we pop in with the hope that perhaps they had a cancellation. Unfortunately they didn't but took our name for two places at the bar. We were seated within 20 minutes and were able to grab a glass of wine prior to that. The bartenders were fantastic. We tried numerous tastes, some of the freshest oysters available and split a dinner special. The vibe at the bar was so hip and fresh that I have been back twice more for their famous Scallops in Pernod and Cream. You can't go wrong with this place. Try the bar sometime, I know I will be back again soon.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We've been here through the years and it just gets worse. We decided to wait a year and try it again but the food was just awful. I sent back my appetizer and my husband left his entree. The noise level can be daunting as well even if you're in the "quieter" room. We did have some memorable meals here but it was years ago.

3  Thank travelloveto
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The food here is not bad and they have lobster here which they don't have at their parent restaurant, Fore St.

The ambiance, however, is not as good as Fore St. This is a small place. The outside actually looks better because it is located on a nice cobblestone street. If you get the end dining room, it is somewhat better but the middle dining room in front of the kitchen is horrible. I was sitting smack in the middle where the servers go in and out and felt rushed and confined. It may be fine for a quick bite, but not good for those special occasions.

The service is also lacking. I'm thinking the rude and snooty service some of the reviewers complained about on the Fore St page has moved to this restaurant! Most of the servers seemed inexperienced, unprofessional, and rude. The couple sitting next to me were dozing off from waiting so long to be served.

I was skeptical about the lobster with linguini. It's basically a lobster on top of pasta. But they cut the lobster in half so the broth can sink into the lobster and vise versa. The linguini was terrific with the lobster broth, however the lobster was small and not the freshest.

I would only come here if you can't find a table at Fore St.