“New Management errors”

Cuisines: American
Falmouth, Maine
“New Management errors”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

In my opinion, two changes made by the new management were errors in judgement.
1. No breakfast served after 11am. I always ordered breakfast at about 1pm.
2. When I couldn't get breakfast I ordered a hot dog without fries. I was charged for the fries. The waitress said "that's the way we do it. "

I was lucky. I was in a hurry and asked for the check right away. When I questioned the charge for the fries, and was told "that's the way we do it" she asked me if I wanted a refund. Since the order had just gone in I said yes expressed my displeasure to the new owner.

I love the place. I hope they make some changes in order to keep the regulars.

4 Thank William M

Portland, Maine
“Changed owners now terrible counterfeit mexican food”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Went there today thinking it was Steve and Renee's which was always good food. The place changed ownership and is now has Mexican food only. We ordered and both got the worst Mexican style food ever. The chicken in the burrito and quesadilla was canned chicken and tasted like canned tuna. It was terrible and I'm not one to complain or write bad reviews but feel people should know about the low quality of food there. They are also changing the name of the place to Hell of a Taco. Avoid this place people.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Mike J
Gorham, Maine
“Steven and Renee's is the best”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

I've been there a few times. The food is so good, my family and I keep on coming back. The waitstaff is extremely friendly and know all of their regulars by name. The food is delicious I've gotten breakfast and lunch, and it has never failed to disappoint. The food comes after a 10 minute wait, and always tastes good. We went on my daughter's birthday and she mentioned that she was turning 7. When the meal was over, our waitress brought over a whoopie pie with a candle in it and had the entire restaurant sang happy birthday to her. It was such a pleasant surprise my daughter doesn't stop talking about.

• Visited May 2014
Metro Portland ME
“Very average”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We read some good reviews and were looking for a new breakfast place in Portland, so tried Steve and Renee's. They tout their specialty corned beef hash so we ordered that and the huevos rancheros. If they are trying to make corned beef hash taste and look as it were right out of the Hormel can, they have done a superb job! The menu did not say "homemade" but sure made it sound like it. The huevos were ok, but I had to ask for salsa to spice them up. The waitress was friendly and kept the coffee hot, but that's about all we can say positive about the restaurant.

• Visited April 2014
New Hampshire
“Excellent breakfast!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My wife and I were driving south on 95 mid-morning on a Sunday. Thought we'd get off the highway in Portland and find some breakfast. Well, we asked the Garmin for local American restaurants and we selected Steve & Renee's Diner from the list. Very glad we did.

Nice neighborhood diner. Sat at the counter. Coffee was hot, excellent breakfast selections. My blueberry pancake was fantastic. Very nice golden brown, lots of blueberries, and oh so tasty! My wife's breakfast sandwich hit the spot; however, she did say that next time she'd ask for the English muffin component to be prepared dry, no butter.

Service, excellent. Waitresses treated us like we were everyday patrons.

Next time we're in Portland, we're heading back to Steve & Renee's!

• Visited April 2013