“If you want a great breakfast Bintliff's is the place”

Bayside American Cafe
Ranked #45 of 634 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Great breakfast, Pecan Bacon Pancakes to die for, Cornbeef Hash, but the Louisiana Bayou Benedict is my favorite. Great Bloody Mary's, Fun Atmosphere with a southern flare in culinary. This is one my top two breakfast spots in Portland a must stop! Loved our waitress had to wait about 45 minutes to get in so prepare.

There are newer reviews for Bayside American Cafe

Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

A party of two adults and two children came for a brunch. The guy who was putting names in a list looked at me as if I should not be there. We waited outside for half hour and another half an hour inside. As soon as we sat, we ordered. I ordered lobster Benedict. The waiter came and told me they ran out of lobster.
Observing the attitude and reading the reviews I am in conclusion that they really don't want any business. They looked full of themselves. I believe if a business don't want you don't go there. I am still waiting for my food.

2  Thank AA68
Reviewed August 2, 2014

The atmosphere was nice. We went for breakfast after reading the rave reviews and ordered scrambled eggs that came with home fries and toast. The sever was friendly and accommodating, but the food took a very long time despite the fact that the restaurant was not crowded. I did not care for the spices on my eggs and potatoes, though my husband liked his eggs. My eggs were cold and were supposed to have cheese which was barely perceptible. We both ordered the homemade bread for the toast. Although the bread was probably delicious, my toast was burned on one side, so it was not too great. The price was good. The parking, however was close to nonexistent. Maybe I should have ordered the eggs Benedict or the pecan waffle, but my meal was disappointing.

2  Thank CharVT
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Our family of four had breakfast here. Unbelievably good! The bennies were fantastic as we're the waffles and pancakes. Probably the best eggs Benedict I've ever had.

2  Thank Jen R
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Ya. I went indulgent. My partner and I had 2 lobster benedict's. Or as I like to call it, lobster benny. It came with a trio of potato hash, the sweet potato was the best they were covered in herbs and roasted perfectly. Lobster plucked apart, eggs draped over it with hollandaise on top of a grilled english muffin. I appreciate the fact that they like to grill it with butter. It's much better than a flaccid english muffin. These guys get it. We sat outside, listened to cool Sinatra music and had a hilarious server. Overall a really great experience, will return.

2  Thank Momopies