“Good food, service ok.”

Ranked #39 of 642 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We always like the food here and were not disappointed plus the 2 for 1 with our mpbn card is great. Unfortunately my food was not very hot and we did not see much of the waitress even though the restaurant was empty.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I stopped into Bintliff's on a whim. I've always heard good things, but was still pleasantly surprised. My server(Myles) was very friendly and accommodating. Being my first time, I wanted to try a lot of the items on the menu, but due to time constraints. I had to settle with just an omelette. It also came with home fries and a brick sized piece of toast. Definitely worth the money. The food also came out very quick, which was nice. It's also impressive, considering it's a scratch kitchen.

I'll definitely be back to try out some of the other menu items that caught my eye.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We stopped in for lunch last Saturday while in town for some errands. Wow! I have no idea how we never found this great place before. Despite a bit of a wait (that was totally worth it), the whole experience was great!! We both had breakfast items off the menu and were thrilled. The menu looked interesting and there were some great combinations. The food we had was great, and I know we will be back!!!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We love Bintliff's, and have been going for their fantastic brunch for years. I wish they would find a way to keep it warmer in the restaurant, however. We froze for 45 minutes waiting for a table, and when we were seated upstairs, we were by the back door and under the poorly insulated air conditioner. We wish we had been able to enjoy our eggs Benedict with out using our coats as blankets. Service was great, as always!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I really want to give Bintliff's American Café 5 stars but food is so inconsistent. I have had the same menu item within twice a week and it seemed like they have added some spices, not in good harmony with the meal.
I would love if they keep to the original recipes or, at least, notify the customers that there are changes made to recipes.