“Breakfast!”

Ranked #38 of 640 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Saw this on Trip Advisor while looking for a breakfast place within walking distance of the Portland Regency & Spa. Took less than 15 minutes to walk there, and they open at 7 am. Sat down a 7:30 am and was delighted with the server. He was awake and witty. Don't even try to order more than 1 pancake, as they are HUGE. Had the banana/pecan, and you could actually see slices of banana and pecans in the pancake. Eggs/bacon were good, too. Unlimited coffee refills were good after a cool, frosty morning walk. Recommend it highly.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Bintliff's was recommended to us by the owner of our vacation rental. We were, however, not sure about it based upon its location and its outward appearance. We could not have been more wrong as the food was delicious! I recommend that you go for breakfast. It is not your standard IHOP breakfast fare (which in itself is good!) but rather a more gourmet version of breakfast favorites from pancakes to eggs Benedict to omelets to corn beef hash. We were very happy with the quality of the food and of the service. Our waitress was delightful.

1  Thank ToriBarry
Reviewed September 27, 2013

we went to portland early in the morning looking for another resturant only to find it closed. My son in law dialed this place up and off we went.Best breakfast I've ever had in a resturant. Crabcakes with poached eggs just awesome. I'd eat there once a week if I could. We were there on a thur morning and just walked right in!! You gotta check this out.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We visited Bintliff's on a Saturday morning. We knew it would be busy and only had a 25 minute wait for our table. Once our order was placed, we waited another 25 minutes to receive our food. I ordered the Double Chocolate Waffle ($9.00) which was a chocolate waffle, with sliced strawberries, whipped cream & chocolate sauce. Unfortunately, it was not even warm when it arrived. I really don't think it's too much to ask, for your food to be hot, especially when you have patiently waited for almost one hour. In addition, they charged an extra $2.00 for a small serving of Maine maple syrup, that was also cold.

My sweetheart had two scrambled eggs ($3.00), which were nice and fluffy, but not hot, just warm. He also had the Apple Cinnamon Raisin Stuffed French Toast ($9.00). It was hot & very delicious. His double espresso ($3.59) was also very good.

Overall, Bintliff's has a great selection of breakfast/brunch items, with something for everyone. Get there early to minimize the wait. Service was good, not great. She only checked on us once shortly after delivering food.

I did see one server rub her nose and then rest her hand on top of the coffee carafe she was holding. Ewww!

2  Thank OUTCRUISIN2610
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Great food (I have only been to brunch) however be prepared to wait. The wait isnt bad in the summer when its warmer, but there is only a small waiting inside so be prepared to get cozy with other people or be cold outside!