“This restaurant has CLOSED” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Mexican, American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Portland, Maine
“This restaurant has CLOSED”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

I had been several times to this restaurant. The food was decent and they had $8- margarita pitchers on Thurdays.... all day. The story goes that the owner did not pay back taxes, and they shut-down. I believe they've been closed for at least 3-4 months now. This restaurant is CLOSED.

Visited July 2014

“Very Disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

Myself and two friends were planning on dining out before a concert at the State Theatre on Friday December 13th. We went to our favorite place to eat and there was a waiting list as it appeared everyone enjoys the Congress St. Grill. The show was to begin at 730pm and it was 550pm. So we looked across the street and noticed that Mesa was not full. Now I know why. We were seated immediately and it took about 5 minutes before the waitress came by to take our drink orders. We told her we were going to a show so that she would be aware we were under a time constraint. We got our drinks rather quickly. We placed our orders and asked for some chips and salsa, which were delivered rather quickly. But then the wait started about 45 minutes later the waitress came back and asked us what we had ordered and she incorrectly stated one of my friends order. We said, well looks like your eating something different. At one hour and 5 minutes later our food arrived. The food was cold and looked like it had been thrown together. My friend sure enough received beef instead of chicken and it was too late to reorder as we were getting close to show time. The unfortunate thing about this is I work at a local Inn and I hesitate to send my guests to this restaurant any time soon. Unless the quality of food, and the expediency of service improves I will not be going back. By the way, this is the first time I had tried this restaurant. The management needs to be on site when an event is happening across the street and people want to enjoy good food before a concert. Prices out of sync with quality of food.

• Visited December 2013
Rehoboth, Massachusetts
“Good food, Friendly Bartender”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

I was recently in Portland on a very cold day and after visiting the museum of art, went looking for some warmth and good food. I found both at this place. My friend and I sat at the bar and were greeted by a very friendly barkeep who promptly poured us a beer and gave us menus. It was between lunch and dinner, so I can't say how the service would be when crowded, but we both received our chili (mine vegetarian, hers w/ meat) and mushroom mole dip right away. All in all the experience was very good and I would return when I find myself in Portland again.

• Visited December 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I will Explain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Hello to you everyone.

I would like to take this moment to bring some clarity to those, whom have expressed deep disappointment by the restaurant's services.

I am one of the owner's, K , this restaurant has been in my family for over 20 years now. I can say that we've seen hard times in our years of public service. Between the summer of 2012 and June of 2013 employees who prepared food, drink and wait staff-service have been replaced for good reason, the reasons that reflect the experiences stated in the posts.

I am sorry.

I know how horrendous some of your experiences were, and I know why. But my family has come together to make ourselves and our business stronger. The restaurant is under new management, we have new waitstaff that do care for the customer's needs, and the food is tasted every day so that consistency and high quality are maintained.

Again, I apologize to those whom carry a negative memory, but I also ask them, and new individuals to hear me out. Consider what I just stated, and possibly give another chance for an improved business.

I will state this now. If anyone experiences poor service, whether it's the quality of food, atmosphere, or waitstaff, YOU ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED, to let one of the employees, or owner's know. You may make contact with one of us via phone, letter or in person if wished. We only wish for the positive from here on out.

From the people, and family of Mesa Verde, I thank you.

-K

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank K R
Scarborough, Maine
“Never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Horrible! We sat (ourselves) and waited for the waitress to come over for 5 min. before she even wiped down the table. Which we had to ask her to do. It took another 10 min. ( at least) for our drink order and meal order to be taken. Drinks took another 10 min. at which point we almost walked out, but we were hungry and were hoping it would get better. BAD MISTAKE. The service is awful!! No water, no check-back, no "how is everything", no problem?!? NO TIP!!!! My wife and I work in the service industry and have NEVER experienced anything like this. !