“Fun Eats!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Watertown, Massachusetts, United States
“Fun Eats!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Good food terrific staff. We had a big party and our waiter was super nice and worked hard. Great place to eat.

2 Thank Anke_Schafer

Perth, Australia
“Typical Mexican Food”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

It was average. The food was nothing special but I enjoyed the atmosphere. It is centrally located to downtown Portland which is a plus. It's the perfect place to eat before a concert at State Theater but not when the wait staff is extremely slow.

• Visited November 2012
Portland, Maine, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service problems, ok food”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I used to be a frequent visitor of this restaurant about 2-3 years ago, and back then, it was always fantastic. But, I recently went back and it was kinda disappointing.

The sign said 'seat yourself' so my friends & I did, but we had to wait at the table with no menus or anything for about 15 mins before I decided to track down a staff member. There were a few running around, and they all seemed really stressed and busy even though the restaurant wasn't even close to full.

When a waitress finally did come over, she had a very pleasant attitude, but took forever to get our drinks (may not have been her fault). Regardless of fault though, we sat for over 30 minutes before our order was taken.

Previously when I had been there, they automatically brought over chips & salsa when you sat down. Though I saw other tables with chips & salsa, we didn't get any, so our server either forgot or they changed it to a regular menu item so they could charge for it. Either way, lame.

After waiting a while for the food, my friends got their plates at least 10 minutes before mine, and when mine finally came, it was the wrong quesadilla, the waitress had mixed up mine with a woman at another table's. The waitress offered to let me keep the first quesadilla while having the kitchen re-do mine, but luckily for them, both the other woman and I were ok with the switch (she had already started eating hers) and decided to eat the mistaken quesadillas.

After all that, the quesadilla was very delicious. It was filled with roasted veggies including portabella mushrooms and a sharply flavored cheddar cheese. However, my friends said their dinners (a taco salad and a burrito) were less than spectacular. One friend also had a margarita which she said was no bueno.

At the end of the meal, the waitress seemed very apologetic about all that had gone wrong, and she brought my friends and I a complimentary slice of carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, which we promptly devoured. We appreciated that very much, and she definitely resuscitated her tip with that move.

I'll probably end up giving this place another shot, see if they get the kinks worked out. But if I have another experience like this, I won't waste my time here again until they change owners or something.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Julia W
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
“Chili”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Had the chili, and it was very good. The other food was more expensive than I expected. A little dark in the restaurant also.

• Visited January 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Just not as good as hoped”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

So many places make adequate Tex/Mex, this just wasn't good enough for us. Queso Fundido didn't have the veggies in any noticable quantity that we expected, and Mango Avocado was limp and flavors didn't really work together. House margarita tasted odd.

• Visited October 2012