“Best Thai food in Portland!”
Review of Boda

Boda
Ranked #18 of 627 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Portland, Maine
“Best Thai food in Portland!”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This restaurant does not take reservations, so be prepared to wait, even if you arrive later in the evening as I did (8pm). They serve pretty late here though. The staff are friendly and attentive, and the food arrives quickly once you place your order. The sticky rice ball appetizer was excellent. The steamed vegetables were a little overcooked, but the eggplant dip was very tasty. Our dinner was delicious, with wonderful seasonings and spices. I thought the prices were quite reasonable, and it was definitely worth the wait. There are designated parking spaces behind the building in a parking lot. A definite bonus in this area of Portland.

• Visited September 2013

Shakopee, Minnesota
“Worth the wait”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This was the only restaurant we visited in Portland where we had to wait a significant amount of time for a table. The food and service were very good. We shared the crispy squid and brussel sprouts. I had the Beef Panaeng which was very good, and my wife raved about the pad thai, which was served almost like an egg omelet. Everyone enjoyed their meal, including the duck and a beef salad that was on special. We would definitely return next time in Portland.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank JSmith180
United States
“Terrific Thai food as rated by an Asian food aficionado”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Our dinner was Fantastic-we LOVE Asian food and love in Boston just to give a reference point. We had the shiitake skewers and the fried peanuts for apps. We had the red curry and pad woosen for main courses. Thai sundae and rice pudding for desserts. All great and I would order all again. We come to portland a lot and are only sad that we just found this place. We will be back.

• Visited September 2013
Portland, Maine
“Best Thai meal ever!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We are locals and have always been told that Boda was amazing. We finally gave it a try and had dinner with some friends last night. It was, without question, the best Thai food I have had. It was so worth the wait to get in. Service was friendly and prompt, which made the experience even more perfect. They have several very affordable apps, so try a few and share. I had the red curry for my main course, and it was so delicious. They have a nice selection of beer and wine to compliment your meal. Even the desserts were outstanding. We will be going back to Boda again soon!

• Visited August 2013
Alexandria, Virginia
“Amazing thai!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This place was delicious! The service was great, and the food....omg the food. I love thai, and this place may trump all of the places I've tried. The server recommended a few dishes (we got the pork skewers, the papaya salad, and another appetizer). My husband ordered the pad thai, which, although not particularly adventurous....was the BEST pad thai I've ever stolen off of his plate. The presentation is cool in that they fold the pad thai *into a thin omelette. So good! I go the beef panaeng, and it was amazing. It seemed pretty basic, but the flavors were crazy complex, and for someone not keen on curries, this was the best! For dessert, we got their rice pudding, which was forbidden rice served with a lovely little side of coconut milk. Rice. Pudding. Heaven

Visited August 2013