“What happened to this place??”
Review of Wok Inn - CLOSED

Wok Inn
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed November 27, 2011

This place used to be good before the original owner died (RIP). It's been years since I've been here only because I wanted to eat healthier. Anyway, I had the craving for Chinese and wanted to give them a try. I asked if they used white meat chicken in the sweet and sour chicken. She said we are using white meat today but normally we use the dark meat. I asked why and she said because today the white meat is cheaper. When is chicken breast cheaper than dark meat?? Anyway, I tried it and discovered why it was so cheap. It was dry, obviously frozen for a long time, and barely eatable. Even the batter was terrible. Obviously, they are running this restuarant as cheaply as possible (unlike years ago). I love the location and really hoping they can turn this place around...

Reviewed August 5, 2010

I have lived nearby for 10 yrs and watched this place take a steady decline. The interiorv is filthy and the food is terrible.

Reviewed June 11, 2010

The Wok Inn is a take out or eat in "order at the counter" Chinese restaurant. The food is average Chinese fare, but if you have a craving...this will do the trick. I love their Chinese soups and they will tailor them to your likes or dislikes, for example, I like the Chinese vegetable soup, but without chicken or tofu and they will do this. The hot and sour soup is very good as is the wonton soup. All the rice dishes are tasty and we often get the vegatable fried rice or just the plain white rice. TThe chow mein dishes are nice, but they serve the thick and greasy noodles, which we do not like--so we buy the thin old fashioned noodles in the super market and use those. The pork ribs are good and my husband loved the terryaki chicken. Do not order the egg rolls...they are greasy and on the inside it is just a lot of mush...not tasty at all. Check your take-out bag before you leave to be sure you have soy sauce and the right amount of fortune cookies--What is a Chinese dinner without everyone getting a fortune cookie?! We ate in the Wok one time, but the atmosphere is dated and dingy and the restrooms are not that great. The service is good...and they always seem to be open and doing a great business. If you call ahead, your order is always ready and always hot.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed November 27, 2008

The McDonalds of Chinese food.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed June 2, 2008

Had some bad Chinese food in my day but this takes the cake. Horrible, horrible, horrible. Did not expect so bad in a great food town like Portland. The worst, horrible Chinese ever. They called back and asked if I want chicken for my Triple Delight.....I had to explain that there were three things in Triple Delight. Will be thankful I don't die tonight. Don't do it.

1  Thank Austintravelguy