“Great Valentine's dinner”

Cafe Stroudwater
Ranked #152 of 607 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Cafe Stroudwater is located in the Embassy Suites Hotel at the Portland International Jetport. Serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner experience great food at great prices. Local, fresh ingredients and daily specials will have you coming back again. Discover the Cafe Stroudwater today!
Portland, Maine
“Great Valentine's dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

Visiting for Valentine's evening dinner, we started off with the Seafood Chowder. You could confuse it with a mushroom soup as that appeared to be the main ingredient, but it was very tasty. Dinner I had the Rib Eye medium rare and it came out rare-blue. After a quick reheat, it was ready to go and very good. She had the Prime Rib and it was good. Deserts were Triple Chocolate layer cake and a Lemon Cake and they main have been the highlights of the dinner. Our server was Excellent.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank MRVEGAS711

Vermont
“Good choice if you are staying at the hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our meal at the Cafe Stroudwater. The food is definitely above your usual hotel restaurant choices. I had the fried lobster and it is really yummy. Hubby had the clam/fish chowder and he liked it very much too. For an entree I had the lobster risotto. It was perfectly cooked but a little overpowered by the cheese in it. My husbands had lobster meat in a buttery broth with roasted potatoes and corn and it was excellent. The service was very friendly and efficient. The Atmosphere is okay, but would really improve with better lightning (could be a easy fix...) The wine list is a little limited but we managed.
All in all if you are not in the mood to drive to Portland I don't think you will be disappointed here.

• Visited November 2013
EmbassyPortland, Manager at Cafe Stroudwater, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear Gina049,

Thank you for your detailed review of your dining experience here at Cafe Stroudwater. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your courses. I will certainly pass your critiques onto our Executive Chef! We appreciate your recommendation.

Best regards,

April Rossignol

Assistant General Manager
Mayville, Wisconsin, United States
“Great dining for restaurant in hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

We absolutely enjoyed our meal at the Café Stroudwater. Bartender was very friendly and on top of serving us when our drinks were empty. Food (lobster for my husband and a pasta for myself) was served hot and with homemade bread that was delicious.

• Visited October 2013
Dear Kim S,

Thank you for your excellent feeeback in regards to your dining experience with us here at Cafe Stroudwater. We are glad to read that our bartender anticipated your needs and that you were able to enjoy lobster while in Maine! We hope that you are able to visit us again!

Warm regards,

April Rossignol

Assistant General Manager
University Heights, Ohio
“Homemade bread, fried lobster, what's not to love!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

We have eaten here many times in the past 2 years and have never been disappointed. Service is friendly, prompt and efficient. We have tried everything on the menu and can honestly say that the fried lobster appetizer is just about the best that we've ever had. The homemade bread is delicious, hot and plentiful. No meals for dieters, but then again, if you're going to a nice restaurant who cares about the calorie count! Food arrives piping hot and consistent great quality.

• Visited September 2013
EmbassyPortland, General Manager at Cafe Stroudwater, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Heather1217,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review on TripAdvisor from your recent meal with us. We love to have guests come back and have great dining experiences. I have shared your review with the kitchen and dining room staff as they do a great job and we appreciate your kind comments. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the homemade bread and the Fried Lobster is a favorite on the menu.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Best Regards,

Stacy O'Reilly
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good place to eat if you're staying at Embassy Suites”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I don't know if I would have gone out of my way just to eat here, but it was an excellent option to have during our stay at Embassy Suites. Food was very good. Service was excellent.

Visited August 2013
EmbassyPortland, General Manager at Cafe Stroudwater, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Cynthia C,

Thank you for your recent review! With the many dining options in Portland we appreciate that you stayed in while a guest of the hotel and dined with us. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your meal with us and your recommendation.

I hope we will see you again soon!

Best Regards,