“Delicious food and Super Staff”
Review of Back Bay Grill

Back Bay Grill
Ranked #1 of 617 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Stow, MA
“Delicious food and Super Staff”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Had dinner here alone on July 10th. They were great in seating me by a window so I wouldn't look so alone in the middle of the dinning room. Food is terrific. Duck was great and loved the Swiss Chard that came with it. Chocolate Semifreddo dessert was super. Loved that they start you with a small "taste" - it was crab salad like I've never had before - just a small bite but fabulous. When they brought the check, the waitress gave me another "taste" that was an apricot jello? with almond cookie sprinkles and a piece of basil - really good and unique.

The staff is terrific - extremely friendly without being overly attentive. So nice to a single person and the way my waitress described the food made me want one of everything. It was truly a wonderful experience!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Shelley H

Charlotte
“Superb!”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

From the moment we walked in the door, our experience at Back Bay Grill was superb! The area where the restaurant is located is sketchy but don't let that deter you. The atmosphere inside is small but nice. The service was perfect, friendly and attentive. I had the chilled cantaloupe soup and my husband had the crab cake. He gets crab cakes at any chance he can and this was by far the best he's had anywhere! I was stuck deciding between 3 entrees and our waiter explained each choice in more detail, and I chose the salmon. My husband had the filet mignon. They were both delicious and cooked perfectly. Desserts were amazing, too! It's our new favorite restaurant in Portland!

Covent Garden
“What can you say”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

about this place, which hasn't already been said. It really is the number one restaurant in Portland. We were originally recommended this restaurant by the Inn by the Sea Hotel where we were staying and for the 3rd consecutive year Adrian and the team delivered the best dining experience in our 2 week stay. Food and service are just fantastic...enough said.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Peter L
Hitchin, United Kingdom
“Couldn't ask for better”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We had a last-minute reservation and were fitted in towards the end of service - we even had our choice of tables. We chose the larger dining room which was well appointed in comfortable surroundings. Adrian looked after us from start to finish and was a consummate host. The food was superb and he managed to find us a bottle of Gigondas, not on the list, from his cellar! Perfect meal in Portland.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Andihoward
Portland, Maine
“PERFECTION FROM START TO END”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

And it starts the way it always starts, by calling and making a reservation with the finest GM this "reviewer" (and jaded New Yorker) has ever known, Adrian (who tends to every single aspect of the dining experience). It continues - as it did with my wife and me as we celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary there this evening - with outstanding service (by an old friend - Ian - who I would strongly recommend, if possible, as your server) throughout accompanied by truly exquisitely prepared and served food. Regardless of what you order. One word says it all: PERFECTION. I won't bother getting into the details only to say all the details of this outstanding restaurant are top notch all the way and consistently so! No small feat.

Thank you Adrian and thank you Ian.

• Visited June 2014