“Highly Recommend”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 10, 2013

My wife and I dined here for the first time this past weekend. We are discriminating diners who eat out a lot so a Highly Recommend from us is notable. The food was excellent and the wine list was appealing especially as there were many interesting selections without the extremely mark ups that one associates with high end restaurants. Adrian, the general manager, is a superb host as he made our evening with his over the top personal attention. Portland appears to have a surprising number of quality restaurants but I would place Back Bay Grill at the top of the list. Heck - is is almost worth the two hour drive up from Boston just to dine there.

1  Thank John T

Reviewed December 7, 2013

The staff was excellent especially our waitress Ericka. The food was out of this world. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Visited the Back Bay Grill for the first time. Have been to many restaurants in Portland and this one is a must see. The service was impeccable with multiple servers tending to your every need. The beet salad with candied pecans, salmon, and hanger steak had great presentation but more importantly had amazing flavors. Thanks for a great night!!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

This really does live up to all the good reviews. It is a welcoming space with lovely serving staff and some of the best food I have eaten in a long while. The flavours were excellent with imaginative ingredients beautifully cooked. The wine list was comprehensive. On a cold November Portland night it was snug and cosy and wrapped its arms around you. A definite "must".

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Went for dinner Saturday night we ate at the bar as did not call till afternoon for reservations. The place is small but run like a well oiled machine! The service was impeccable, the food was outstanding, I had the duck and my husband had the lamb two ways the only thing was my husband did not care for the sweet potato gnocchi but he doesn't like gnocchi anyways. The chocolate three way desert was wonderful! Would highly recommend

1  Thank 1LoveItaly