“Wonderful fresh local food”

Fore Street Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Fore Street Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 638 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Franklin and Pearl
Reviewed August 7, 2014

My Mom and I ate at Fore Street in August. The food was fresh and delicious. We had a caprese salad which was more than enough for two. I had the mussel appetizer and thoroughly enjoyed it. My Mom's scallops were wonderful. I would definitely go back if we are in Portland again!

Reviewed August 6, 2014

The crowds get noisy and is a bit pricey but it is great for a once in a while treat. Certainly not an everyday jaunt.

1  Thank MVB2014
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My wife and I ate here with 2 friends July 29th. I did not make reservations early enough, so we showed up at 5PM, and hoping for a walk-in seating. The first seating was at 7:30, so we ate at the bar. We all had 2 bottles of wine, and different entrees, plus dessert. The bartender was great as was the wait staff. The food was superb as it always has been at Fore Street. My wife and I always eat here overtime we are in Portland. Make reservations early!!

1  Thank John G
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Every year we come to fore street in our annual trip to Portland. The whole family comes in from around the country and we save one night for fore street. This year was the best it has been in the last ten. It's great to see a restaurant this established always getting better. Best service we have ever had there that's what made the meal. Server grew up right around there and was very into the whole experience. Where the food comes from and what makes their restaurant special. Thanks again

2  Thank Hello1220
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Fore street had great reviews and it lived up to every one. Great wine list and a menu that changes every day. We had the whole sea bass and the duck two ways. Both were incredible. It's pricy but some of the best food you're likely to have.

1  Thank David C