“Would not run back”

Fore Street Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Fore Street Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 616 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Franklin and Pearl
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

We had reservation, but people who were walk in were seated at larger tables than us.
We had a tiny table for two which was very cramped. The restaurant is beautiful. Service good, but I expect great from this type of restaurant. Food was fresh, best dessert ever. Visiting Portland there were other better choices.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,996)

Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I truly loved Fore. We met several others that are frequent visitors and told us this is their favorite place. In addition, there were many people visiting and read on other websites this is one of the best places to eat. We could not agree more!! My husband had the rib eye and I had the fish with pumpkin puree. Wow... the food quality and tastes took our breathe away. The service was great and the atmosphere was just incredible. This truly made our trip and nothing will compare for a long time to come! Thank you so much!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Great food and presentation. Very good wine and wine list. Friendly.Efficient and informative staff and easy walking from the waterfront and many hotels .

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Fore Street is legend unto itself. Food is fresh, prepared well but I think they are over priced. I mean really, how can a chicken be almost $40.00?? Organic or not, that is over priced. The last time I was there their famous wood roasted mussels were so SMALL and not as good as they use to be. The place has a great atmosphere, is lively, open kitchen, well prepared food, but be prepared to spend at least $150.00 plus for 2 if you want it all.....appetizers, drinks, entree. Great for special occasions. Make reservations well in advance...two to three weeks..... if you want to go. I have been here several times but over the years I have found MANY eateries that have equally as good for less and I am not a cheap person.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Well worth a detour this is a place with absolutely fresh fish/seafood and vegetables. Excellent service and a lovely spot. I would go back to this place anytime I'm in Maine.