“Oh my goodness”

Fore Street Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Fore Street Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 605 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Franklin and Pearl
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We went here to celebrate our 34th anniversary..... We had tried to get in on several other occasions and never timed it right without a reservation. This was an amazing place to eat. Hubby had steak that was to die for. The BEST he had ever eaten. Great atmosphere and service. We will go back for sure. It is definitely on the pricier side but well worth the $$!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,973)

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We had dinner there Sunday night . The wait was about 30 minutes for the bar and about an hour and a half for the dining room. We had been there years ago and it was a heavy beef menu. Not what I am after in Portland. So glad we went back. On of the best nights we have had. It started with Tina our bartender with one of the best attitudes ever. She runs a great bar. Bartender,waitress,bus person and good conversationalist. The menu has a very good balance between seafood and beef. I had a piece of Artic Char that was perfectly cooked ,brocolinie (sp) and a zuchinni quinoa cake . Wonderfully balanced meal. Good wine list and honest drinks at fair prices. If you are looking for a great place to eat stop here. Also there sister restaurant is Street and Company , heavy fish and seafood our all time favorite both must stop at for great meals while in Portland.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We were seated next to a table where one of the threesome was carrying out loudly about her likes an dislikes. The restaurant is noisy enough without this distraction. I asked her pleasantly to lower her voice, but she only raised. Finally, after our main course, we were moved on request. The waitperson later said this particular woman was known for her rude behavior. I asked why we were seated there to receive no answer.

Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Everything on the menu is pricey. The steak I had was so juicy and tender I could cut it with a butter knife. Good but it will cost you $50. Couldnt find any greaf appetizer or dessert items so we walked down the street for gelato. Overall good service and food for a nice meal.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

My wife and I visited this last week and honestly, were very disappointed by the service of our server. First she seemed put out that I was drinking water only - not normal for me I confess, but I had surgery scheduled the following morning - so after my wife starting with a glass of sparkling, tried to push a bottle on her afterwards - totally inappropriate.

Then came the service during the meal - inattentive and cursory enquiry as to whether we enjoyed it or not. Now, the food was excellent, we had three courses each - really went for it! All of our dishes were good. My wife had a selection of wines by the glass, and port with her cheese - all excellent. Should be noted here that actually we probably spent more on the glasses of wine and my San Pellegrino than we would have on a full bottle - server take note!!

Then came the bill.............and the biggest disappointment of the evening. The server had added extra coffees, and dessert to our bill. Call me suspicious, but when challenged all she could manage was a 'thank you for checking the bill for me' comment......mmm, not sure I believed her sincerity. She would have known that there were two desserts on the bill as the kitchen would have prepared them per her input - so very odd!

So food good, check your bill carefully - and I hope you get a different server than us!!!