“Eat here if you want to be insulted!!”

Fore Street Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Fore Street Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 615 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Franklin and Pearl
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

We eat at Fore street quite often. The food is very good, however the attitude is ridiculous! We ordered mussels to start, as we do EVERY time we go. They were way under cooked and most of them not even open. We told the server of the situation he had an attitude and snatched them away from us. the hostess comes over and begins to explain that the mussels they buy are different and better and that's why they "appear" to be under done and its not what I'm use to and they will have them cooked more for us. In a real condescending way she was basically telling me they were cooked and I was wrong. I eat Bang Island Mussels all the time and I know the difference between raw and cooked mussels. I had no problem with them being under done, it happens, get them back in the oven and it's fine. They way I was treated and spoken to really pissed me off and ruined the entire tables experience. I will never eat there again. I'm a firm believer the customer is "not" always right, however don't speak to or treat guests like its a privilege to dine there. Many guests have commented on this site about the way they are treated, maybe it's time to change the way you treat your guests

1  Thank angelinaogt
Write a ReviewReviews (1,986)

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Every time I am in Portland I make a reservation for dinner at Fore St. During our first visit we ordered a sun choke side dish which we had never heard of before - It was so delicious we found some to plant in our yard! Unfortunately, I have yet to figure out how to make them as good as Fore St. I love knowing that I am going to try something new when we have dinner here.

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

We came to Fore Street as visitors to Portland from the UK. The food, setting and service was excellent. The prices are expensive but you are paying for the experience and food. We enjoyed the fish and the appetisers and our waiter from Nebraska was very friendly and helpful. A great experience!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

One of the best meals we've had anywhere. Great service too. Definitely try the mussels and save room for dessert!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

On the referral of a good friend we visited Fore Street for drinks and snacks in the lounge. Great service, great location, and amazing atmosphere. Our food was delicious!