“New England in the Fall”

Fore Street Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Fore Street Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 638 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Franklin and Pearl
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Superb food here. We had tried to make a reservation before we left the UK but couldn't but were seated within 30 minutes of arriving in Portland, The reception staff at the nearby Hilton Garden had recommended a couple of dishes and they were great.
Very good service and being able to watch the chefs prepare the dishes was an added delight.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I/we have eaten at Fore St over 20 times and never had a bad meal. The food is absolutely GREAT!! My favorites are the hangar steak and grilled quail, my wife LOVES the mussells and Spit Roasted Pork. As the menu changes daily there are always great choices also. The bread, desserts just everything here is top notch! I would highly recommend Fore St to anyone and always do. Trust me your experience will be worth the trip and the money!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Not knowing the town, my wife and I stumbled here. The decor intreged us, it looked cool from the outside, and hoped the food would stand up to the look. Boy did it. The price is up there, but worth it if you can go all out for one dinner. The kitchen is in the dinning room so you can watch the food cooking. Just unbelieveable.

1  Thank pyrch
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My wife and I ate at this lovely, upscale restaurant recently and were thoroughly pleased.

You can walk to it from the Hilton or Hampton Inns. It has lovely ambience with gaslight lamps outside a brick exterior and interior and an open kitchen which exhibits
much energy, pleasing aroma's and happy diners.

I had the Rib Eye steak which was excellent and my wife had the Flounder which was superb too.

Ask for Lance our waiter if you can, he is knowledgeable, friendly and provided superior service.

We can highly recommend this excellent restaurant to you. Bon Apetit!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We tried to get in as walkins on a Saturday night but the wait was too long so we reserved for the Sunday night. Firstly the wood fired smokey smell hits you very sweetly when you walk in. This invites you to see more. The lighting and ambience are delightful. Food was lovely, smoked mussels best I have ever had ( and I have had a LOT of mussels all around the world.). Overall we really enjoyed the meal, it was cool to watch the woodfired oven and spit and see the kitchen team at work. Would definitely eat here again. Service excellent.