“Good Indian food”

Ranked #247 of 621 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Indian
“Good Indian food”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Good food, nice service, reasonably priced. We came for a one day travel, incidentally entered for lunch that we were happy with, we returned for a dinner....

“Worst Indian food I've ever had”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Warning, warning! We went here one night and experienced the worst Indian food ever. Read my happy reviews of may other Indian establishments ... I'm a fan and this is the opposite. The curry was salt, salt, salt and tepid to cool. The Biryani was a fried-rice joke. We left after a few bites. How does this place garner good reviews?

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank PaulOfMaine
Portland, Maine, United States
“Chicken tikka masala”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

A really good dinner out. The Naan is warm and the sauces that come with it are always fresh and yummy. Ordered the chicken tikka masala and was not disappointed. Love how they adjusted the spiciness for me without an issue. I will be back.

• Visited February 2014
“glad we tried it!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

as a regular diner in Portland, I thought I knew all the hidden gems. Yesterday we discovered tandoor & I'm so glad that we did. If you can overlook the 'over the top decor', you are in for a treat. Excellent authentic indian dishes, spiced to perfection. I've walked by so many times & so pleased we decided to give it a try. We'll be back!

• Visited October 2013
“Great food and nice place”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Delicious Indian food, small but very nice place and good prices+service- we highly recommend Tandoor Restaurant!

• Visited August 2013