“Awesome, Delicious, Creative” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Flatbread Company

Flatbread Company
Ranked #7 of 601 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Atlanta, Georgia
“Awesome, Delicious, Creative”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Delicious and creative flatbreads, located right by the water. The hip and fun staff offered suggestions about how to customize certain items on the menu. Some of the best "pizza" I have had. If you are tired of Lobster (is that possible?) this is the place.

• Visited September 2012

Cosby, Tennessee
“Always great with service to match...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We always make a point of going into Portland while vacationing in Boothbay Harbor mainly to get the wife's shopping frenzy under control on Exchange Street and to visit our favorite pizza joint on the waterfront.

Our waiter, Mike, made a great suggestion of a Wolaver Wheat beer to start off the lunch. The wife went with A Mano Pinot Grigio as her beverage of choice also suggested by Mike. Mike knows his beverages.

We had our favorite flatbread, a large homemade sausage with mushrooms, sweet onions and a garlic sauce. The wife added a red tomato sauce to her half. The tomato sauce got lost in the flavor profile. We will stick to the ingredients offered on the menu. The chef knows what he is doing.

Seating is available out on the waterfront. We always sit by the wood burning pizza oven just for the entertainment of watching these artisans go to work.

When you get tired of Maine lobster give this great restaurant a try. They even have some healthy food offerings. We try to stay unhealthy.

New York
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

The food was excellent, atmosphere fun. Kids loved the plain pizza and I was able to get delicious and healthy salad along with veggie pizza. Nice selection of beers as well. Our server was wonderful.

• Visited August 2012
Bosch en Duin
“Great pizza and a nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

Given the fact Flatbread is a chain of restaurants one easily assumes they all offer the same quality, etc. Well we believe that is not the case. It varies. Flatbread in Portland impressed us with the ichness of their pizza's compared to other Flatbread restaurants.
The salads were good and portion wise pretty big. Like said we were pleasantly surprised by the richness of the ordered pizza's. The one thing that is always bothering me with pizza's is the question how to keep them warm. Especially ordering a large one as I did the last parts were cold. Why don't they have a facility at the table to keep them warm.
Anywat we enjoyed our dinner and will remember Portland Flatbread as a place to come back to.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
New Jersey
“LOVED this place, so wish there was one near us”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

We arrived at Flatbread Company on the recommendation of a women who works at the Portland Museum of Art when we were talking about gluten-free options. She told us she goes there regularly and knew they had gluten-free. After a bit of a walk from the museum (but surprisingly close to our hotel), we arrived and loved the selection.

The decor is plain and the atmosphere is very relaxed. The food on the menu is organic with locally grown veggies and meats. I do like that they tell you where they are from. There are salad and flatbread specials each week (both a meat and a veggie option special).

The food was delicious and while we sat inside we still could view the water. My daughter had the gluten-free flatbread and loved it. My hubby and I split a salad special and a flatbread. Our server was wonderful, probably one of the most helpful and friendly we've had in a long time unfortunately I can not remember her name or I would have mentioned it.

I am an avid iced tea drinker and theirs is sweetened with maple syrup, something I've never had and totally yummy. I also had an Arnold Palmer sweetened which is sweetened the same way - WOW!

We LOVED it and would recommend it to anyone and everyone. I saw that they have other locations as well but unfortunately nothing near our home in NJ. I so wish they were closer, it was terrific and we still talk about how good the food was.

• Visited August 2012