“Great little restaurant”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Fishkill, New York
“Great little restaurant”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Portland is a great place to find excellent restaurants. We were in town for a few nights and had made a reservations as recommended. We loved the atmosphere. Yes the tables were close but arranged so that one had some intimacy. There are only maybe 10-12 tables in the entire place. We requested a nice table and got the one next to the window. Great spot. The food is outstanding. We shared the antipasto and we were treated to some flavors and little bites that were really outstanding. I had the short ribs and it was the best I ever had. My wife had seafood over pasta. Great! We shared teramisu that was delicious. The meal was a two hour excursion into superb Italian cuisine. Our waitress was attentive. One of the best dining experiences we have had In Portland and that says it all. About $75 with wine. We will be back.

• Visited September 2013

Maine/New York
“Always a lovely experience”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The place is pretty with white tablecloths. The salad special was delicious as was the seafood stew. Here the mains top out under $20--a great price. The Villa Pozzi Nero d'Avola was delicious. Service is friendly and professional. Go. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited September 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Wonderful, intimate dining.”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The atmosphere is charming, the service is friendly and professional, the food delicious. A wonderful meal!

Visited March 2013
vermont
“Disappointing”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Recommended highly but disappointing
Tables uncomfortably close and uncomfortable. Waited a long time for service and waitress was not attentive. Ordered a pasta dish that was horribly overlooked, tasted like mush and was inadequately seasoned with a watery sauce. When asked to return the dish, in a quiet manner, the waitress scowled at me. The next thing I knew the chef, owner?, was towering over me and angrily said "Americans didn't know what fresh pasta was supposed to taste like". I was very embarrassed, as was my dinner companion. He offered to serve something else, but i refused, just wanted to get out of there. We quickly left and they changed us the entire bill. One of the worst dining experiences ever.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank libvermont
Maryland, USA
“Everything was Perfect”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This was our third or fourth meal at Ribollita, and once again, we could not have asked for more. The person who seated us was friendly and informative, our table was ready at the time of our reservation, and our server was very knowledgeable about the menu items and as pleasant as could be. Our starters, which consisted of Panzanella and a Caprese salad, were of the quality that we are pleased to receive in Italy. The entrees of roast chicken puttanesca, and the braised beef short rib also were right on target. The braised short rib, in fact, is probably the best of its kind that I have ever eaten. Even the bread was exceptionally good.
I notice that not all of the reviews of Ribollita on TA are as glowing as this one, and I cannot understand why, given that in our experience, compared to excellent restaurants in Italy, Ribollita has been consistently and remarkably good over the years we have eaten here.
I urge you to give it a try to see for yourself.

• Visited August 2013