“Always a good meal!”

Ranked #19 of 606 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Our restaurant actually floats, and because it is surrounded by water, every table offers spectacular views of Portland Harbor. Our outside decks are great spots to see the sights while enjoying a meal or cocktail. Maine lobster is what we do here and we do it better than anyone.
Reviewed November 1, 2013

This is one of my favorite restaurants to visit when in the Portland area. The surroundings are beautiful, the food is good and service is fantastic. As one reviewer stated, it does fill up fast so get there early. Best in the summertime when you can sit on the deck, but if your just going for the food anytime is great!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,427)

Reviewed October 31, 2013

The old adage that if you want good seafood, don't eat at a place on the water isn't really true, but it's not all wrong either. Being in a stationary boat, DiMillo's has great views of the harbor (partly depending on where they seat you, but most tables have fine views) And the food is good, but it's pretty ordinary. I had good fried clams, but they weren't great--better than you'd get frozen at the supermarket, but not super-fresh. By contrast, the spinach salad was excellent--very fresh ingredients and a generous portion. The service was good, and my waitress's dry wit kind of made the night for me. Be warned that the place fills up quickly--I got there early on a weekday evening, and by 6 it was getting crowded. The setting and the familiarity make it a popular place, and with good reason. But in terms of its cuisine, it's a factory. I enjoyed it, but will probably skip it the next time I'm in town--so many other opportunities.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

This restaurant is on a boat and gives a unique view of the harbor. We went on a Friday afternoon and got a spot by a window around 11:20pm. It quickly filled up within half an hour. The service was friendly, fast and helpful. We ordered a variety of seafood dishes that were all delicious. The restaurant also has its own wind power right on the dock which is a bonus and a large parking lot that is free while you are eating in the restaurant.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We had a late lunch at DeMillo's and the food, service and atmosphere was great! Our meal came towards the very end of a week-long visit through Maine so we had already had lobster, chowder and lobster rolls in many other restaurants. We agreed that their lobster roll was about perfect - packed full of perfectly steamed lobster with just the right amount of mayonnaise. The chowder was also excellent. My husband had a burger and it was excellent as well. The service was excellent - the views were amazing. A perfect meal!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

My husband and I are former long-time Mainers who recently visited again - friends took us to DeMillos. Years ago, I went and had some issues with the boat moving while we ate (restaurant is large boat anchored in Portland harbor). This time, NO problems - and food was still wonderful. Great service - overall good experience. Would go again. Lovely looking out over the harbor while we ate.