“Great food, reasonable prices.”

DiMillo's on the Water
Ranked #18 of 605 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Our restaurant actually floats, and because it is surrounded by water, every table offers spectacular views of Portland Harbor. Our outside decks are great spots to see the sights while enjoying a meal or cocktail. Maine lobster is what we do here and we do it better than anyone.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

First night in town and walked to the restaurant on the water. Lobster was excellent and reasonable. Bread was delicish and the Mussells were tasty and not chewy. Waitress was friendly and helpful. All in all, a wonderful first night in Portland!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,429)

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This restaurant is actually a boat that is floating in Portland Harbor! Great marine feel...most seating has view of the harbor/waterfront! How much better does it get? Partaking of a cold brew while looking out at schooners, fishing boats and other marine traffic; with a delightful meal and good company.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Saw this floating restaurant and heard the history of it while on a boat trip in Portland,ME.
Even though I'm a vegetarian, I had to give it a try. My husband is not a vegetarian.
It has a fancy interior, yet I did not feel underdressed. We were cold, and windblown.
It was crowded, yet we were able to secure a seat by the window. There were
all types of people, groups, etc. enjoying lunch! The waitress was welcoming and efficient.
The prices were very reasonable and the food was delicious!
I would definitely return should I visit Portland again.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We really enjoyed the atmosphere! We we traveling back to Vermont and found online. We had the best seafood for the price! Service was very good!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had a lunch here while touring Portland with my spouse back in July.
This very attractive restaurant is built into a boat and nestled in the harbor in the attractive Old Port area.
Initial impressions are very positive. Clean, looks good, busy, menu has lots of favorites.
We wound up sitting at the bar as unfortunately all the outdoor tables were taken and we didn't feel like waiting until one opened up. Wish there were more outdoor tables, but they've only got a certain amount of room so you take what you can get.
I ordered the lobster BLT and fries which was DELICIOUS!! My wife had a crab melt sandwich which was also quite good. Washed down with some local beers and we were good to go, and quite happy with the experience.
Service at the bar was good, and friendly.
I understand this restaurant started the revival of the Portland Old Port area - I can see why it's been such a success for so many years. They do what they do right.
Suggest to check it out, and don't feel like it's just some tourist trap. It really isn't. The food they serve up is solid, reasonably priced, and in a cool looking venue. Have fun with it!