“SUSHI!!!!!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 19, 2014

The Benkay roll - a must - light, crispy with a wasabi cream - you won't be disappointed!! But don't stop there... try anything on the menu, it's ALL fantastic! Oh, and don't forget the sake! A very happy camper indeed!

1  Thank Christine W

Reviewed August 17, 2014

Loved this place, delicious lunch and wonderful service! Tables with sunken seats are fun, close to Casco Bay Terminal - try it!

1  Thank Myastera
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We stop here for sushi fixes when visiting Maine. The atmosphere is very quiet and low-key with attentive service. Mostly locals, with some tourists. The sushi is really fresh and carefully prepared; the selection makes the best of availability. Sometimes, something unusual because of the Atlantic just outside the door. On the recommendation of our server, we ordered a lightly seared white fish (the name escapes me) with a delicate herb vinaigrette. Fantastic, and not something we would have chosen ourselves or had ever even seen before. We'd recommend it, and will certainly go back ourselves.

3  Thank SnarkoutgirlScotland
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I - and all your regular customers (as well as all the visitors to this town) - LOVE YOUR SUSHI, LOVE YOUR SASHIMI, LOVE ALL YOUR SALADS AND EVEN LOVE ALL YOUR COOKED FOOD! OH, YES, I - and all your regular customers (as well as all the visitors to this town) - also LOVE ALL YOUR EXCELLENT AND FRIENDLY AND PROFESSIONAL SERVERS.

BUT PLEASE - FOR THE LOVE OF GOD (and I assure you I am far from alone with this plea) - DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE MUSIC PLAYING IN BENKAY!!!! (I feel all too many times like I am in an elevator, and not the excellent restaurant you put so much into). THE MUSIC IS JUST PLAIN AWFUL (and, yes, even the other diners today at lunch agreed with me).

I hear there's an excellent band from Japan, from the 60's, called Led Zeppelin....you might want to check them out.

PLEASE!!!

Separate from that...Carry On!

1  Thank theghostwriter
Reviewed July 23, 2014

My wife and I stayed at a near by hotel which made it easy to fine Benkay. We have had sushi in many places even Japan and at Benkay is was one of the best I have ever had. Very good try it I am sure you will like it.
What I liked about the restaurant was it was all locals.

1  Thank jabaldo