“Fresh sushi”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Quesnel, Canada
“Fresh sushi”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

i used a groupon for a Sunday lunch and am so impressed. The rock and roll was probably one of the best sushi rolls I have had and the volcano roll has an amazing presentation and taste. The servers were attentive, my water glass was never empty and the service was very quick for being fairly busy. I will be returning.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Phin

Litchfield, Maine, United States
“Neighborhood pleasure”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I frequent BenKay with friends and family and always find it consistent and enjoyable. During the week they offer Bento boxes for lunch that always include a good hot protein and a piece of tempura shrimp as well as a sushi roll. The ramen noodle soups are enormous tureens filled with flavorful broth. The sushi is always fresh and specialty items, such as Uni are available (see the board at the door). The wait staff is consistently pleasant and knowledgable. My only carp is the persistent use of surimi, or fake crab made from pollack, especially in a state where real crab is plentiful. Guess I have to eat at the bar to correct that the next time.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Peggy M
Boston, Massachusetts
“Delicious Sushi Great Service”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We were in Portland for work and a store clerk recommended Benkay when we asked about local sushi. My companion is new to most sushi and a bit skittish about trying new things but after tonight's dinner I think she will try anything I suggest. We had the 3-Flavor Appetiser with Salmon Ceviche, Seared Tuna and Red Wine Scallops and she was surprised at the tasty flavors. We then tried to new rolls for her and two cooked rolls that she felt safe ordering. She liked them all and it only reflects well on the cuisine. Server was knowledgeable very friendly. If you crave sushi in Portland I would recommend this to both seasoned sushi lovers and newbies.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Becky S
Bloomfield, New Jersey
“Good Sushi, OK Atmosphere”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

The sushi at Benkay was delicious,although I thought they could offer a wider selection of rolls. My wife and I each had three rolls, and the portions were just the right size. The Spider Roll and the Rainbow Roll were very good. The atmosphere was nothing special, typical sushi restaurant. The sake selection was large but most of it is served cold and we prefer hot sake. Overall, we would definitely go back.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Michael C
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Loved the volcano plate”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Delicious! We will be back for the volcano plate. I didn't care for their dumplings, just personal preference.

We used a groupon with no troubles and the service was great.

Prices were not bad.