“Great BBQ and Steak”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Great atmosphere service and food at a reasonable price. Close proximity to the port hotels. Meats are smoked with a nice rub with your choice of sauces to add.

3  Thank ronald S

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Service was very good.

Seated outside the dirty kitchen, so noisy I could not hear my
Daughter who sat directly across from me.

"The Rueben"

Soggy greasy, Hardly any pastrami, too much Swiss cheese, kinda like a greasy grilled cheese with a slice of mystery meat, way too much Russian dressing,it was almost sent back but it was my kids birthday so we didn't want to make a scene.

Honestly I have made hundreds of these sandwiches, how do you mess that up?

"Comes with 1 side" Hmmm how about Coleslaw (thinking this is a safe choice).

There is the "Slaw" it looks like a soggy tired mess, possibly had been on a few plates prior to it's debut on ours. The Coleslaw reminded me of my favorite show"The Walking Dead", kinda like a Zombie Coleslaw....should have been buried days ago but there it is on the plate looking like it could turn any unsuspecting victim evening into a creature of the night, spent hugging the bowl all night in extreme agony, the Zombie Coleslaw is warm, not like the healthy fresh coleslaw that is cold and crunchy, cabbage is the cheapest raw ingredient, but Buc Naked BBq is into saving a dollar despite what we learned in our food safety course about Mayonaise and prolonged exposure to warm temperatures, there it is A sort of Bio-weaponized cabbage. Poor woman, told me she ate a fork full and then prayed that she would not become ill. What a great dining experience but it gets better.

"Thai Chile Wings and Half Order of Saint Louis Ribs"

The jumbo wings ...well, I guess Jumbo is relative to what your expectations are.if your a midget possibly, these were small and rubbery, factory farm wings, you know the ones in the 10% broth of chemicals which I can't pronounce. Nicely stacked up like a small pile of wood, smothered in a red gooey slightly tart and fake lime flavoring, something reminiscent of the crappy high fructose Chile/Lime sauce they sell at SAMs Club.
The blue cheese dressing was as warm as it was in the room plus 5 degrees, did not dare dunk my "Rubba" Wings in dat mess..nope not that brave these days.

Saint Louis Ribs, ok, I know that Saint Loius never would buy his ribs at SAMs Club, but Bucks does, they are in fact very uniform looking, they remind me of an attractive looking girl, that when she smiles has rotten brown teeth. Again, this is the type of pork that would be happy to live it's last days in a McRib sandwich, at least it would make some poor slob smile, but alas, it sucked just like everything from the dirty noisy kitchen I sat across from.

Buck, I raise pigs, their pens are cleaner than your kitchen, really I am not kidding.

And the biggest disappointment was seeing my daughters Hamburger, this is a patty from my days in public school, somehow all the bad things I did to the lunch lady have been cosmically reincarnated into this con curve, plastic looking, almost ageless piece of " Farm Raised Angus" my word, I would love to meet the farmer that "raised that hamburger" and insert my foot in his.......ok PG 13. The bun was too small very shiny and looked silly, the whole mess had a large tooth pick through it, why it has this wood inserted in it, I don't know, but you could see that the wood was very disgusted as well as it felt like it had been sacrificed in vain fir this abomination.

The Sweet Potato fries that came with the "hockey puck" were soggy half cooked, greasy, and had some kind of brown sugar concoction on top, like if you were tripping on LSD and thought it would be genius to mix brown sugar and salt together.

My daughter used the piece of wood (from the burger) to scrap the brown sugar/ salt mess off of her fries, as she winced in discomfort as she tried one. She did like the two small pickle circles on her plate. Her desert was Blueberry cheesecake, Buck you and I both know it was not made there, but she liked it, and it 's because it was made at SAMs Club as well, even a broken clock is on time twice a day, right?

63 bucks plus 10 for the waitress, she was nice, hell, I know it's a tough job waiting on the public, service was good, food was just terrible.

Aftermath, we all felt very nauseous on the ride home, my woman ( whom I love dearly) had the same MSG after taste and pain under her ears as I did, very strange, there must have been a boatload of MSG in this food!

I hope I do not get ill tonight, I forced my daughter to drink some baking soda and water with me, it did help my upset stomach but smelling the burps had made me feel very ill, that fake smoke flavoring and the foamy reflux isn't something I would wish on my worst enemy.

You know this type of food is easy to make, very simple, but you need good raw materials and someone with basic food prep skills to prepare it. I could take Spam and make it taste better than what I spent 73 dollars on.

Shame on you, Bucks Naked BBQ, the name pretty much sums up this dining experience, I kinda feel like Warren Beatty from the movie Deliverance, " Squeel like a Pig" minus 70 bucks.

Thank Crystal Springs... N
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Burnt ends were fantastic. They have a nice array of sauces to fit most tastes and a great beer selection. Huge menu with many non-BBQ dishes. Super friendly down to earth staff and in a great location off exchange street. Great overall

1  Thank Brendan H
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We had dinner there with friends. great atmosphere. Food was excellent. There is an area in the back for kids to play. friendly staff

1  Thank morkos
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The Catfish fingers were the best i have tasted. I also had Barbecued Brisket ends and my boyfriend had the St. Louis Ribs which were also very tasty.

1  Thank Anna Maria M