“GREAT Tour...even if your not a "beer nut"!!”
Review of The Maine Brew Bus

Thirsty Thursday Evening Brewery Tour in Portland
Ranked #2 of 30 Food & Drink in Portland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to The Maine Brew Bus. Maine's Original Brew Bus proudly offering Brewery Tours in Portland, Maine and beyond! Whether you're an amateur or a connoisseur, you'll want to join us on The Maine Brew Bus for a unique experience discovering Maine's booming craft alcohol scene. We'll introduce you to your new favorite beer plus the friendly faces responsible for its production. We're more than just a designated driver, we're your expert tour guides on an all-inclusive adventure. Tours are led by knowledgeable guides and feature stops at Maine producers, including breweries, distilleries, wineries, bars, and more, showcasing the best our local scene has to offer. All tours feature a local snack or meal, trivia, behind-the-scenes experiences, and of course delicious beer and beverages all included!
Reviewed July 23, 2013

So I would not consider myself a "Beer connoisseur" by any stretch of the imagination. I like a micro-brew every once in a while but usually go for the "hard stuff" when I feel the need to imbibe. However I wanted to give the Brew Bus a try and was so happy to find a tour RIGHT UP MY ALLEY. It was called the "Local Pour Tour" and it was a nice option for those who might not want a straight up "Beer" or Brewery tour.

We started our tour at the Thirsty Pig for some delicious homemade Sausage and some of their draft offerings to wash it down. YUM! We then headed out to 2 small craft breweries, a small distilling operation making Maine Made rum and gin, Maine Mead Works, Urban Farm Fermentory, and even a local Coffee Roaster (I LOVE COFFEE)! It was such a nice mix of small "grassroots" local businesses that offer some really outstanding products to the local market.

Our hosts (Zach and Don) where GREAT! So knowledgeable and friendly and they really did a great job of making everyone on the tour feel relaxed and welcomed. And Lenny (the bus) is just too much fun! I had so much fun I actually took my friend on the same tour 2 weeks later and STILL enjoyed the trip the second time around! I highly recommend this activity for locals and visitors a like. I'm a local and discovered a lot of stuff I never would have if not for the tour!!

It was a Blast! Thanks so much Zach and Don!!!

1  Thank CiderGuy33
in 11 reviews
"beer tour"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed July 11, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a great day on the bus! Zach and Don were friendly and knowledgable not just about the beer but also about it's history and the area. They had a great relationship with the breweries we stopped at, which definitely enhanced the experience. I would highly recommend The Maine Brew Bus to anyone looking to enjoy some great beer and a great time!

1  Thank JCS181
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My wife and I needed something to do while visiting Portland, Maine and we couldn't have been happier with our decision to take a trip on The Maine Brew Bus. Zach and Allison, the owners of The Maine Brew Bus were our guides for this tour, while the more than capable Don navigated the neon green short bus, Lenny, through the streets of downtown Portland and its surrounds. We had some great brews at Allagash Brewing Co., The Run of the Mill Public House & Brewery, Rising Tide Brewing Co. and Sebago Brewing Co. I often drink Allagash at home, but don't normally have the opportunity to try their more unique and rare brews which aren't widely available, so visiting the Allagash brewery was great. The other breweries didn't disappoint either, all with very unique and tasty beers. Our trip also included a meal at The Run of the Mill Public House & Brewers as well as some of the best large warm pretzels I've ever had at Sebago Brewing Co. (and that's saying a lot, considering I come from New York, although to be honest, I may have also been a bit drunk at that point and suffering from the munchies). In addition to plenty of beer information from each of the breweries, Don gave us some brew related history of Portland and Zach and Allison entertained us with a beer related trivia game.

Trust me, there aren't many more romantic things you could do, than spend the day with your wife on a neon green short bus named Lenny, we will definitely be booking another trip with The Maine Brew Bus the next time we are in town!!!

1  Thank LeroyJ24
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have now taken two tours on the Maine Brew Bus, the "Local Pour Tour" and the "York County Bounty". Both tours were packed full of great beer, and tasty treats while York County Bounty was all beer (Federal Jacks, Funky Bow and Run of the Mill) the Local Pour had beer (The Thirsty Pig, Bunker Brewing) it also had mead, cider, Kombucha and liquor. Lots of fun with knowledgable and fun crew (Zach and Don) and every stop was a winner.

2  Thank ACfromPortland