“Great time!”

Ranked #10 of 35 Tours in Portland
Type: Bus Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are a local, family owned and operated tour company looking to share with you what we love about Maine! Fully narrated by Local Maine guides! City & Lighthouse Tour ~ 1.50hrs * City highlights * z30 mins at Portland Head Light. More time than any other tour company! 5 Lighthouse Tour ~ 2.5hrs * Hear the wonderful stories and legends of 5 LHs while being able to get out and visit them up close. One of a kinds tour in Portland! Kennebunkport Tour ~ 3.5hrs * 90 minutes of free time to enjoy this lovely fishing village * Enjoy the view of Walker's Point, where the former President Bush spends the summers. Freeport Shuttle (every hour when cruise ships are in town only)
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

The tour was great but what made this tour better than others that I have been on was our tour guide. He was excellent! He really made us feel like it was more of a friend taking us out to see the sites rather than a company paid guide. He showed us where all the good spots to eat were in town and recommended some other places to visit while we were there. I would recommend this tour to anyone who comes to Portland.

1  Thank lmarnold36
Khaled H, Owner at The Scenic Route Maine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2014

We are thrilled you had such a good time! Thank you for the kind words, they epitomize the experience and feeling The Scenic Route is all about. We hope you visit Portland again soon!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

The tour was very informative and entertaining. This was a great way to see Portland. I would highly recommend it!

3  Thank MH1015
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

We were very impressed with our tour and guide. Portland is rich with history and filled with beauty. Truly a great tour, don't miss out!

3  Thank Skelso29
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I was planning myself a 45th Birthday party to include adults and children at a local coffee shop/wine bar very close to Christmas, saw Santa advertised, and thought HOW PERFECT!!! These guys were absolutely flawless, and children and adults alike were thrilled :) There were over 20 children at the party, and they managed the chaos with ease and calm. They were accommodating, timely, professional, and personable. Each child received a certificate stating that they were on the "Nice List" and some reindeer food, along with gift bags that I put together for each child. The pictures that followed were absolutely beautiful and magical :) I highly recommend, especially if you have young ones who still believe. They will talk about it for weeks, and you will have lovely memories and pictures to enjoy for years to come :) Thank you!!!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank 806cherieg
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We were promised extra sights that the other tour companies do not offer. What a mistake. The tour we took two years ago through someone else was much better and cheaper. If you think seeing condos is considered an extra sight, then waste your money. We also thought the owner was not very friendly. That should have been a warning before giving him our money. We wish we would have booked elsewhere.

11  Thank PattyT0928
Khaled H, Owner at The Scenic Route Maine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Hi there,
As my wife has expressed to you privately, we are sorry that you did not have a good experience with The Scenic Route Maine Tours. I do apologize if I personally came off as rude in any way, that is certainly not the impression I was to leave. Even if I was having a bad day, it is important to not let that impact the way I treat our great customers.

As you can see, our ratings are very positive and I really do regret the fact that you were in the less than 1% that had a less than great experience. We have refunded the price of your ticket, as we would not want you to pay for a bad experience. If you ever do return to Portland, we hope you allow us to redeem ourselves with an excellent experience!

Thank you for the review, as good or bad it is important for us to hear!