“Wonderful Tour”

Ranked #10 of 35 Tours in Portland
Type: Bus Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are a local, family owned and operated tour company looking to share with you what we love about Maine! Fully narrated by local Maine guides! City & Lighthouse Tour ~ 1.50hrs * City highlights * 30 mins at Portland Head Light. More time than any other tour company! 3.5hrs * 90 minutes of free time to enjoy this lovely fishing village * Enjoy the view of Walker's Point, where the former President Bush spends the summers. Freeport Shuttle runs every hour. WE ONLY OPERATE WHEN THERE ARE CRUISE SHIPS IN TOWN OR PRIVATE TOURS.
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My daughter and I really enjoyed the tour - we learned so much about Portland and Maine. Weather was beautiful and lighthouse was awesome.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My friend and I decided to take a day trip to Portland from Boston last Thursday. We wanted to see as much as Portland as we could in our short stay (including the Portland Head Light), but neither of us drive so we decided to take the tour so we could go around without having to rely on public transportation.

The tour was a great introduction to Portland. I came in with high expectations based on the reviews we found on tripadvisor, but the experience went beyond what I expected! Our guide Khaled was very knowledgeable about his hometown. He told us so many facts, stories about Portland and even recommended us which restaurants or local businesses to visit. We even got a lot of time to explore the Portland Headlight, the highlight of our trip! All of these for just around $30! Truly, taking these tour helped me leave Portland with great memories to share.

1  Thank imlikethewind
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband and l were in Portland for the weekend and took this tour the first day. It was wonderful and khaled was so knowledgeable about the area. You definitely get your $ worth and khaled gave many suggestions on where to eat/have a drink. Portland is beautiful and we had perfect weather to see the spectaculart lighthouse!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We were in Maine the last week of April, before many attractions were even open because it was my birthday. We took this tour with Khaled because it was the only one operating. It was truly wonderful, and he gave us a great introduction to the Portland area. After our tour, we were comfortable driving around the area and felt at home. He even recommended a great bakery SCRATCH which did not disappoint....and the LOBSTER SHACK was delicious!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

So happy we found this tour! My boyfriend and I took the City & Lighthouse tour at the end of April--we started by driving around the city (saw the waterfront, old railroad buildings, Fort Allen Park, the promenade, the observatory and West End area) and then headed to the Portland Headlight. Khaled, the owner of the company and our guide, was very knowledgeable. He pointed out several restaurants, ice cream shops and bakeries that we ended up trying and loving (Nosh was great!). I really appreciated that he didn't point us to the touristy places. Overall it was a great introduction to Portland. If it's your first visit or if you'd like to be more familiar with this history of this town, I would definitely recommend checking it out!