“Great Tour”

Ranked #10 of 35 Tours in Portland
Type: Bus Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are a local, family owned and operated tour company looking to share with you what we love about Maine! Fully narrated by local Maine guides! City & Lighthouse Tour ~ 1.50hrs * City highlights * 30 mins at Portland Head Light. More time than any other tour company! 3.5hrs * 90 minutes of free time to enjoy this lovely fishing village * Enjoy the view of Walker's Point, where the former President Bush spends the summers. Freeport Shuttle runs every hour. WE ONLY OPERATE WHEN THERE ARE CRUISE SHIPS IN TOWN OR PRIVATE TOURS.
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We took a trip early in the season so we were fortunate enough to get Khaleb for a tour guide. He was great. I surprised my girlfriend with a trip to Portland and didn't know what to do. I went on trip advisor and found this tour. Khaleb gave a great tour and we really had a lot of fun. When we got to the lighthouse he got out with us and took a great picture of us. The one thing I will say is I wish we had done this tour first, it was actually towards the end of our trip. Khaleb showed us a lot of great spots to see that we didn't know about. He seemed very passionate about the city and knew a lot of great stuff. We got some great pictures of some really amazing places. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone visiting the area.

1  Thank Kevin60745
Khaled H, Owner at The Scenic Route Maine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thanks for the great review, The Scenic Route is very grateful for the kind words! So happy you enjoyed yourselves! My pleasure and come again!!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband surprised me with a trip to Portland for our 10 year wedding anniversary. I have always wanted to visit Maine and photograph the Port Headlight, but didn't know much about the city itself. The hotel we stayed at recommended we call Scenic Route Tours for a guided tour of the city. And we were so THANKFUL we did! Khaled was fun and very knowledgeable about the city's rich history. He was professional, yet personable, and made us feel very comfortable, as well as involved in the tour itself. He showed us many of the historical sights and allowed us plenty of time to photograph the Port Headlight. The 15 passenger van was very comfortable and the tour was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Now we feel that "connection" to the city and hope to visit again in the near future. I would HIGHLY recommend this company. Very pleased with the overall tour experience.

1  Thank amandagchristian

I was so pleased to be a part of your wonderful Maine getaway!! Come back next year with everybody!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

A small tour company that gives tours of the Portland area. Our guide was the owner (Khaled) and very friendly and knowledgeable. He knew the Portland area very well, having grown up there. The tour went downtown to all the historic sites and visited a fort and the main lighthouse. The dialog of the history of Portland was thorough and entertaining. I would recommend this tour to anyone desiring a tour of Portland.

2  Thank WillGivens
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I called the # and Khaleb answered the phone and i asked few things, he is so friendly and i decided to make a reservations for 4. I called him the next day and he picked us up in the locations where we are waiting..We wish that the tour is lil bit more longer. we've learned things about the City and its interesting...I would definitely recommend this tour company...;)

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed March 31, 2013

An excellent way to see Portland Maine. Khaled, the owner of The Scenic Route, was very friendly and knowledgeable. We were able to see and learn a lot about Portland. I would highly recommend!!

1  Thank TerriOrr