“Calling All Oyster Lovers - Seriously!”

Eventide Oyster Company
Ranked #28 of 616 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Just opened and is owned by Hugo's next door. Excellent "tapas" small plate seafood. Oysters from Maine and away. Incredible cured Artic Char.
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Trip Advisor doesn't really discriminate between fine dining and just a really nice oyster restaurant - so this isn't fine dining - it's a GREAT OYSTER RESTAURANT! It's a low key, come as you are oyster company with fresh as can be oysters that are shucked right at the oyster bar. The accoutrements are outstanding. Try the horseradish ice or the pickled red onion. It's ice with a flavor which leaves the oyster cold and oh so good.. just the right amount of flavor. Lobster rolls - brown butter.. it sounds funny and not what we are used to - but belive me.. it is awesome. My husband had the fried oyster roll - and said he would have it again - but said the brown butter lobster roll was a notch above. Had the chickpea fries - good - not our taste though. The coleslaw is awesome. If you are a oyster lover - this is the place to stop. It opens at 11, so go early before noon and the lunch time crowd to get a seat. No need for formal dress - this is a casual place with good eats!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,604)

Reviewed June 25, 2014

The lobster rolls here are just amazing. The have different toppings but we all thought the brown butter was the best. The oyster selection is amazing from different areas but I don't eat oysters. It was interesting to see the selections. I had no idea there were so many! The atmosphere here is casual and fun. Also, good drinks! If in Portland, this is a must for lobster rolls!

1  Thank lizett251
Reviewed June 21, 2014

The lobster rolls are small but amazing, I don't recommend sharing. The buns are steamed so think chinese pork bun style but stuffed with brown buttered lobster! We enjoyed our dozen oysters and asked the waitress to pick from the Maine options, which I highly recommend. Nothing goes better with oysters than a Bloody Mary and they do them well.

Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Awesome food. Great lobster and chicken roll. The chickpea fries are magic. Drinks were amazing. Can't go wrong. Prices are reasonable. Atmosphere is trendy but casual.

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

On our trip to Portland we took a food tour and as we walked by this restaurant we heard customers say Eventide had the best lobster rolls. The next day for lunch we decided to try Eventide and we were so glad we did. I had the lobster roll in brown butter and it was amazingly GOOD! It was the best ever. My sister had the lobster Benny and it was yummy. My other sister ordered the lemon blueberry pie and she loved it. We sat at the window bar , soaked in the sun and enjoyed wonderful food.