“Not the best lobster roll”

Eventide Oyster Company
Ranked #13 of 638 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Just opened and is owned by Hugo's next door. Excellent "tapas" small plate seafood. Oysters from Maine and away. Incredible cured Artic Char.
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Seriously? Best lobster roll? Go out to Fort Williams and try the lobster roll served by the food truck there - so good!!
But the oysters are great as are the clams (and the broccoli). And lovely service. I still highly recommend EvenTide - it feels like the quintessential Maine place to be!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Hands down the finest and best seafood I have ever head. The oysters were plump, fresh, and delicious and we started off with half a dozen and the special horseradish ice, which was great. Followed that up with easily the BEST LOBSTER ROLL EVER! So damn good - not sure I could ever eat another one again. After some local crudo, a kim chee, and menu special - we left with one of the best experiences we could ask for. A simple, light, and delicious lunch. We could not have asked for a better experience and food and CANT WAIT to go back.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We tried Eventide for lunch, and it was unreal!! Bloody Marys were great and spicy. My boyfriend got some oysters - not my thing, but he said they were amazing. We both got the lobster roll with brown butter vinagerette.... My. God. I will never have a lobster roll even half as good. The roll is so fluffy and doughy and the brown butter vinagerette is to die for! They are tiny, but worth it... Next time I would get two!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Their oysters are sitting on a large display of ice at the bar, they only have local varieties and actually had 9 from just Maine alone. Each one was delicious. Small and not much seating but only had to wait about 10-15 minutes to sit right at the bar.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

No matter where you sit - at the bar, the benches, or by the window- do not miss trying the cold plates options. They are taste sensations! Everything in this restaurant is well thought out and executed from the oyster choices to dessert, including its wine and beer selections. You will get knowledgeable, friendly not fawning, and efficient service. No reservations except for six or more.