Hilton Garden Inn Portland Downtown Waterfront
Hyatt Place Portland - Old Port(Portland)(Great Value!)
$143
$122
  • Room Service
$119
Good 3.5/5
Ramada Plaza Portland(Portland)(Great Value!)
$85
Very Good 4/5
Portland Regency Hotel & Spa(Portland)(Great Value!)
$139
$135
  • Restaurant
Portland Harbor Hotel(Portland)(Great Value!)
$142
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Portland By The Bay(Portland)(Great Value!)
$110
  • Pool
$156
$143
  • Breakfast included
The Westin Portland Harborview(Portland)(Great Value!)
$136
$110
  • Room Service
Residence Inn Portland Downtown/Waterfront(Portland)(Great Value!)
$111
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
$151
$139
1,578 results
All reviewsgreat locationfront deskold portvalet parkingstandard baking companystandard bakerywithin walking distancecasco bay linescommercial streetwater viewferry terminaldowntown waterfrontvalet servicedirectly across the streetbreakfast buffetfore streetshops and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed there on business for the first time and was not disappointed in any way. Great location, friendly staff, and valet parking is key. If you want to take the ferry it is the closest hotel. If you want to walk to Fore St., Exchange St., or Wharf St. it is a nice stroll and only a couple blocks. Breakfast was great and the room was clean updated and cozy. I'll stay there again!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger adn probably quieter from hall noise and street noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Syracuse_12
HiltonGardenInnGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Downtown Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again next summer! - Kevin Walker, GM

Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and I went up to Maine to celebrate a milestone birthday and we were able to do so without the kids. We chose the HGI based upon its reviews & location and hit a home run! Every team member we encountered was friendly with a genuine smile. From Ben and Steve in Valet, Kristen or Alex at the Front Desk, Lisa in the All American Grill, all the way up to Kevin the General Manager. We couldn't walk by anyone who didn't ask how was everything, or where are you off to today? The service was AWESOME; any tips or suggestions made by the girls at the Front Desk were always spot on perfect for what we were looking to do. The rooms were nice and spacious and had great amenities. Didn't get a chance to use the fitness center (although should have to work off all that lobster) but it was always neat and tidy when you walked by. Everyone made sure my wife had a fantastic birthday and ensured we had an amazing stay. There is still so much in the area we didn't get a chance to do, so we will certainly be back and know where we're going to stay! Thank you HGI Portland Downtown for such a GREAT EXPERIENCE!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Michael D

Thanks Mike for your positive review. The staff enjoyed making your experience here a memorable one! - Kevin Walker, GM

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We had our daughter's wedding in Portland and had many guest stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Portland, Maine. We could not have been happier with the great staff in all areas of the hotel. They were helpful to everyone, happy to assist us and very professional. Great job everyone!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank mconne

Thank you very much for your kind review. We were happy to hold your wedding guests here, and it sounds like the wedding went off without a hitch! Congratulations! - Kevin Walker, GM

Reviewed August 20, 2013

My visit to Peaks Island, Maine for my Godmother's 80th birthday was made so much easier by having the convenience of a hotel so close to the ferry line and also so close to all the great shopping and restaurants in Porland. I flew into Boston and took the Northeaster train up to Portland. The hotel offered a complimentary shuttle to pick me up and bring me to the hotel. (Taxi's in Portland are very expensive.) My shuttle driver was really nice and answered a number of questions for me about places to eat/drink (specifically craft beer spots). He even drove me by one of the locations so I could see where it was in location to the hotel.

Upon check-in I was greated by a very friendly desk clerk, who obviously was paying attention since she greeted me by name. When I mentioned where I was planning to go for dinner she even offered a short-cut on how to get there.

My room was located on the 2nd floor and had a great view to the harbour. Given the Eastern view, I was very happy to see that they had great curtains that would block the early morning sun if I wanted to sleep in. The king size bed looked very plush, the kind you would like to leap into. The rest of the furniture was simply but very nice, nothing looked worn, not even the carpet.

I only have a couple of negatives from my stay and they are minor. The pillows on my bed were hard! I had requested feather and they felt that way on the first night, but seemed to have been switched the 2nd night??? This leads to one other issue. I stayed at the hotel from Friday to Monday. I did not request my sheets and towels to be changed each day and each day my towels that I had left hanging were replaced with new ones and my sheets were changed. I try to be as "green" as possible when I travel and I always appreciate it when a hotel offers you the option of not having your sheets and towels changed out like this hotel does, but it does no good if the staff are not following these instructions. My only other issue was with being on the 2nd floor, I got a lot of street noise in my room, especially from the bar across the street that was open until 1 am.

Overall, these issues did not outweight the terrific friendly staff and the fantastic location. I would definitely stay here again. I would just be sure to restate my need for softer pillows.

Room Tip: The East side view of the harbour is wonderful, I would just ask for a higher floor than the 2nd to avoid the street noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Amy F

Hello! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and would come back again! It sounds like we will be able to meet your needs next time around with pillows and location of your room based on your experiences here. A couple tweaks here and there and we will have it down next time for you! - Kevin Walker, GM

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed for two nights with Mrs Twitchy and our two kids. This is a very relaxed hotel with great staff. We had room 214, overlooking the seafront, with a spacious king bed and a sofa bed for the offspring. The room was large and very clean. The bathroom had either the world’s most shallow bath or its deepest shower tray, but it was fine for us. The air conditioning was efficient and well appreciated.

We enjoyed drinks in the bar and were impressed by the attentive barman. One evening we ate dinner in the hotel and it was a pretty decent meal with good service. Breakfast was good, although slightly chaotic, and the staff looked after us well. Fresh eggs are prepared on request by a nice man behind the buffet bar.

To her horror Mrs T managed to leave all of her underwear in a drawer when we checked out and we were unpacking in Bar Harbor before she realised. However, we contacted the hotel, which very efficiently arranged for the undies in question to be couriered ahead to one of our next hotels.

There is a small pool and gym at the hotel. The pool had windows directly onto the street and it was very strange to me that the windows had no blinds or screens to protect the modesty of guests (it didn’t bother the kids, though).

I have only one criticism. There was a meeting room just across the corridor which was apparently used for the “Loud Talkers of America” July meeting, which started at 7:30 am one morning. Their air conditioning was clearly not as good as ours because they needed to conduct the meeting with the doors open. I think the hotel should be more thoughtful when booking meetings during the holiday season.

Overall, this is an excellent hotel and great experience for us. I would recommend it and I would be very happy to stay there again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank TwitchyBob

Hello! Thank you for your detailed review of your stay with us. It helps us , as a hotel, book more business when guests like you can share your experiences! I am sorry about the meeting room noise - we had a group come in much larger then what they originally stated and we needed to have overflow into the hallway. That rarely happens and we can be sure to book you on a higher floor next time around. Kind regards - Kevin Walker, GM