“Very Powerful Show” 5 of 5 bubbles

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Very Powerful Show”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

Portland Stage is a strong regional theatre in Downtown Portland. The Show "Veils" was going on. This show is about a touchy subject and the actresses were very powerful. The theatre doesn't seem to have a bad seat. It was a packed house during the performance that I attended. The ushers and house staff were all very friendly.

Visited March 2014

Lakeland, Florida
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Incredible Theater”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

I have been a long time subscriber to the Maine State Music Theater in Brunswick in the summer and have said for many years that I should go down to Portland to the Portland Stage Company in the winter. This year, I finally bought season tickets and decided to treat myself to a different theater experience. The only thing I am upset about is that I did not do this 14 years ago when I first moved to Maine. I could have been enjoying great theater every single year! This theater is small - wonderful seats everywhere. The productions I have been to this year have been thought provoking. The acting has been outstanding. Following the performance on the Sunday afternoon when I have tickets, members of the company come out on stage to hold a Q & A to make it even more meaningful. I can't say enough about the quality of the shows and the entire production. It's like being 'off-Broadway' in Portland Maine. Truly outstanding.

Visited February 2014
Springfield, Tennessee
536 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 628 helpful votes
“A quaint, personal, well performed Theater company”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

We went to this little theater to see the Snow Queen just before Christmas. The theater is small but well designed so the seats are all excellent. The local theater company that trains a lot of local young aspiring actors and actresses does a very nice job of presenting an entertaining show with minimal backdrops. They are very creative and the children they train that perform in the play are delightful. We walked to the theater from our hotel, less than a half a mile from most downtown hotels. However, I did almost walk past it. The entrance is very small and not well marked, so at night it is easy to miss. So plan well before you go. There are light refreshments and a small coat closet that is not secure.

Visited December 2013
Sanford, Maine
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“The Snow Queen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

We went to see the production of the Snow Queen last night. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I highly recommend checking out this small theatre. The show was performed very professionally. It seemed like every seat in the house was good and the bakery counter in the lobby was a hit.

Also, there is a parking garage across the street and restaurants very close by. It is a was very relaxing evening, from the easy drive in, the parking and eating to the wonderful show.

Visited December 2013
Brattleboro, Vermont
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Portland Stage - professional theatre, up close & personal.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Portland Stage's level of theater is first rate - from the professional actors (often Broadway veterans) to the talented visiting designers and resident artistic and technical staff. We've always had an experience worth talking about for months. Portland residents and visitors are fortunate to have this great resource available. And truly, the seating is exceptional - comfortable and close. Go soon!

Visited March 2013